Hell yeah, you fucking suck!
#156296 by day old male
Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:16 pm
Hi folks,

I was coming home on the train last night having a solid listen to TNB, and I couldn't help notice a bit of a Metallica reference at the end of the song TNB. I was wondering if anyone thinks I'm on the right track or just reading too much into it. The last line of the song is "Our world has been Blackened" which is very close to "Colour our world Blackened" in the "And Justice.." opening track. But then, just after that line, Gene starts playing the famous part from the song "One" where Lars really picks up the tempo in the middle of the song. If you've got a mo I'd love to know if you think I'm on to something.

Cheers :)

James.
#156378 by djskrimp
Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:59 am
day old male wrote:Hi folks,

I was coming home on the train last night having a solid listen to TNB, and I couldn't help notice a bit of a Metallica reference at the end of the song TNB. I was wondering if anyone thinks I'm on the right track or just reading too much into it. The last line of the song is "Our world has been Blackened" which is very close to "Colour our world Blackened" in the "And Justice.." opening track. But then, just after that line, Gene starts playing the famous part from the song "One" where Lars really picks up the tempo in the middle of the song. If you've got a mo I'd love to know if you think I'm on to something.

Cheers :)

James.

Well, don't quote me, but hasn't Dev mentioned in the past his admiration for old school James Hetfield? Seems to me that an influence or two would sneak in. And, to be honest, I've heard the same reference every time I heard that part of the song, too.

#156379 by Torniojaws
Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:27 am
And didn't James Hetfield give Devin that black Explorer?

#156381 by All Hail99
Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:57 am
Did he?

If thats true then I've learnt something new.

#156382 by black_tooth_grin
Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:47 am
All Hail99 wrote:Did he?

If thats true then I've learnt something new.

Me too.

#156393 by Biert
Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:30 am
Would that mean that Hetfield has a secret admiration for The Dev?

#156398 by All Hail99
Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:15 am
Quite possibly.

I mean Devin has had connections with Metallica (with Newstead for the IR8 project) so I guess it isn't beyond the realms of possibility if he got that connection earlier on from James.

Pure speculation obviously, but I'm just putting it out there :P