Face your chaos, know who you are!
#271948 by Marijn
Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:19 am
This is both awesome and stupid at the same time! :D

But to be honest, I don't think it is a good idea to construct this 'original' version of Ki. It is impossible to re-create the initial ideas of Devin. The album would have had a uniform 'Ki-style' over all the songs. Because Devin changed the plans from only one CD and an EP to a four-album concept, a lot of material was probably converted to the vibes of the other albums. You can't fit them among the Ki tracks anymore, it would not make any sense...
#272124 by bonekrap44
Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:00 am
Marijn wrote:This is both awesome and stupid at the same time! :D

But to be honest, I don't think it is a good idea to construct this 'original' version of Ki. It is impossible to re-create the initial ideas of Devin. The album would have had a uniform 'Ki-style' over all the songs. Because Devin changed the plans from only one CD and an EP to a four-album concept, a lot of material was probably converted to the vibes of the other albums. You can't fit them among the Ki tracks anymore, it would not make any sense...


Yeah i agree, Ki is now a soft acoustic (mostly) album. But when it was first planned it it was most likely hevy in alot of parts. The only thing i like about only 1 album and 1 EP is that there is less waiting :D
#277293 by Ehvan
Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:19 am
Liampie wrote:Godflesh --> ???


The opening lyrics to Deconstruction(song) are "I want to eat myself, as the flesh of ancient gods".
Maybe Godflesh become a part of that track. :P
#291240 by Liampie
Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:31 am
Update on the weird song title research:

Synchronicity Freaks --> bonus track, released
Dinosaurs! --> bonus track, released
Juno --> bonus track, released
Nibz --> Supercrush!
Timmy --> Awake!

Those are fo sho. That leaves us these...

Only Human --> Awake! maybe? Fro mthe lyrics: "Thats alright, you're only human boy"
It is possible that Devin changed the name from Only Human to Timmy and from Timmy to Awake, since Only Human and Timmy do not appear on the same tracklist.

Pornogra-free --> I presume it's Ain't Never Gonna Win, based on the tracklist.
(Purge)tory --> Terminal maybe, based on tracklist.

Waveform --> Deconstruction's lyrics (song) mention waveforms. Back in 2008, Deconstruction and the Cheesburger stuff were already talked about.
Godflesh --> Deconstruction?

Can't be both, because they appear as two titles on the same tracklist, with Universe in a Ball inbetween.
#291257 by Octillus
Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:59 am
Doubtful on Terminal, according to the production commentary, that wasn't written til like when they were recording, and Ain't Never Gonna Win was a jam they literally came up with while recording.
#291258 by Faffy
Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:01 pm
I read somewhere sometime that Ain't Never Gonna Win was previously called Pornogra-free. But I have no sources, only my dubious memory. :P
#291514 by bonekrap44
Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:03 am
Liampie wrote:Update on the weird song title research:

Synchronicity Freaks --> bonus track, released
Dinosaurs! --> bonus track, released
Juno --> bonus track, released
Nibz --> Supercrush!
Timmy --> Awake!


I just reread this, You say "Dinosaurs" was released?
#291548 by Octillus
Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:46 pm
bonekrap44 wrote:
Liampie wrote:Update on the weird song title research:

Synchronicity Freaks --> bonus track, released
Dinosaurs! --> bonus track, released
Juno --> bonus track, released
Nibz --> Supercrush!
Timmy --> Awake!


I just reread this, You say "Dinosaurs" was released?


Bonus vinyl in the box set.
#291587 by bonekrap44
Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:57 pm
Octillus wrote:
bonekrap44 wrote:
Liampie wrote:Update on the weird song title research:

Synchronicity Freaks --> bonus track, released
Dinosaurs! --> bonus track, released
Juno --> bonus track, released
Nibz --> Supercrush!
Timmy --> Awake!


I just reread this, You say "Dinosaurs" was released?


Bonus vinyl in the box set.


Ohhh i knew that haha.
I thought you ment like it was on youtube or something. haha my bad :D
#291745 by AppleQueso
Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:40 pm
I wonder when exactly the box set demos were recorded? I doubt they're from this far back, since from what I've heard they all already have the signature 'sounds' from each album. The Ki tracks are really mellow, etc.

Then again, I suppose it's possible that the songs here all really DID sound like that from the beginning, which would explain why Devin felt the need to break it all up?

I guess Devin himself's the only one that really knows. Is it worth PMing him about it sometime? I imagine he's really busy right now.
#293606 by ZKX-VI
Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:08 am
I'm thinking (Purge)tory became Praise The Lowered maybe... If were going by track lists it still comes before Stand.
#293693 by static2
Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:53 am
AppleQueso wrote:Then again, I suppose it's possible that the songs here all really DID sound like that from the beginning, which would explain why Devin felt the need to break it all up?


that's exactly how it happened, actually!
#294933 by AppleQueso
Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:19 pm
static2 wrote:
AppleQueso wrote:Then again, I suppose it's possible that the songs here all really DID sound like that from the beginning, which would explain why Devin felt the need to break it all up?


that's exactly how it happened, actually!

Yeah I kinda recall him saying something to this effect.

Anyhow I noticed that we actually have all the songs available to re-create one of the early Addicted tracklists at least.

Liampie wrote:24-06-2009
“Addicted”
Addicted
Universe In A Ball
Numbered
Nibz
The Way Home
Juno
Dinosaurs
Bend It Like Bender
Resolve
Hyperdrive
Timmy"


since Nibz = Supercrush and Timmy = Awake, yeah, we have all of this.

Has anyone listened to Addicted in this order yet? I've got it as a playlist on my computer but I haven't listened yet. I'm kinda curious as to how it flows with Dinosaurs in there.

EDIT: Wow this version is... interesting sounding. Kinda backwards mood-wise from the final album, with the more serious stuff at the beginning and the more 'fun' stuff towards the end.

I also have this approximated playlist based on the Ki track order from the first post:

A Monday
Coast
Disruptr
Gato
Praise The Lowered
Stand
Heaven Send
Dinosaurs
Lady Helen
Ki
Addicted
Quiet Riot
Demon League

I left out Waveforms since as far as I can tell it was cannibalized into becoming part of Deconstruction. An above poster mentioned the possibility of Purge(tory) becoming Praise The Lowered, and since parts of it sound kinda similar to Ki and it's in an appropriate place tracklisting wise, it just made sense to me. I haven't really listened to this one yet either, curious as to how it flows.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest