Face your chaos, know who you are!
#180199 by Leechmaster
Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:18 pm
I was sitting. Well no. I was kneeling. I am kneeling. And thinking. And browsing through parts of the forum of semi-yore, and I stumbled across the old cover contest we had when the wait for Ziltoid was driving insanity through our brains at 407km/h. I'm lying down now. But yes, that was a great laugh the last time (And the time before as well I'm sure, but I was only lurkin' then..) and there were some really good contributions to it. So would anyone be up for another schwing at it? Ki obviously doesn't lend any immediate imagery in the way Ziltoid The Omniscient, The Puppet or The Mighty Masturbator did, but it could still be fun! Deconstruction of a Cheeseburger would just be too easy cos.. It just would, really. But the lack of obviousness of the title could result in some pretty cool ideas.. It'd be interesting to see what direction people might take it, if nothing else..

So yeah, mindless drivel aside, who's up for another bash at it? If it fails it fails, I just thought I'd throw the idea out there again and see if anyone's interested.

Just to throw in the old links to show everyone what a great whootinanny it was.
Ziltoid: 1 and 2
General Dev: 1 and 2
And remember, this really is only for the fun of it. Some people will create really good things obviously (*shakes fist in Clare's direction*) but any effort will be appreciated and even something thrown together in paint can best the photoshop pros. So don't be frightened if you're not arty farty!

EDIT for details:
DEADLINE IS FRIDAY THE 13TH OF FEBRUARY.
All entries to be submitted to me via PM by/on said date. I'll schlap em all on up here in a poll, two weeks of voting and whoever gets the most votes gets to suck a turd to a point and stab themselves with it. Agreed? Agreed. Faaaaaaanshmashtic. Off you go, babies!
Last edited by Leechmaster on Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
#180202 by Amber
Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:29 pm
I think this sounds like a truly awesome idea!

I'd enter! :D
#180203 by Biert
Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:41 pm
I hate your timing, but I'm up for it.
#180204 by Leechmaster
Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:43 pm
Well we can negotiate a large time-frame. I'm not exactly sitting pretty on ye olde free time myself for the next while so.. y'know. We can have a decent sized period for people to submit crap. That way we might get more people in too..
#180245 by BrunoN
Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:06 am
Leechmaster wrote:Just to throw in the old links to show everyone what a great whootinanny it was.
Ziltoid: 1 and 2
General Dev: 1 and 2

Damn, cool things were happening when I was absent on the forums, never seen that. Great idea! I'll consider the participation.
#180246 by Atari
Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:13 am
I pwned the last one, so I'll have to defend my crown.
#180253 by Biert
Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:31 am
Atari wrote:I pwned the last one, so I'll have to defend my crown.

I pwned the first one... :roll:
#180273 by Leechmaster
Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:23 am
Right. I reckon that's enough support for this, of course not limited though if anyone else is up for it henceforth! All comers welcome! Just not in the way Clare put forth in the last contest.. :wink:

Now, that deadline.. I think the last ones missed out on some participants by having kinda short deadlines. So maybe we'll stretch it out, speshully seeing as Ki shan't be around till late Spring at the earliest according the Dev himself and this'll give everyone a change to have loads of time to go completely mental with it..

So.. methinks..

DEADLINE: FRIDAY THE 13TH OF FEBRUARY.

Marvellous. :D

Any problems:
#180279 by Phase
Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:22 pm
-reaches for a number-

Wait! My common sense is tingling...

Nah, I'll give this a absh. No clue what song I'll do. xD

EDIT: Hold up, this is art stuff. Like, drawing, and ting. ... Crappit, never mind. xD
#180288 by Leechmaster
Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:01 pm
Feck sake try it anyway! My Ziltoid attempt was a load of pixelly garbage I flung together in Paint and I came second!
#180290 by Phase
Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:07 pm
UGh, now that I've thought of it, I've had a good idea. xD

I'll whack up the gimp, pretend to know how to use it and see what shit I can create. I assume we send the image to you, Leech?
#180291 by Leechmaster
Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:12 pm
Eh, yep! All PM's directed to me and I'll plagiarise the best. :D
#180303 by Hughie
Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:22 pm
I'm so mad I don't have photoshop on here and my old computer is still dead. Grargh.