Face your chaos, know who you are!
#181678 by Roddy
Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:10 pm
Lettuce wrote:
Roddy wrote:
No, you're close to spot on!

The 'jazz' element DOES worry me slightly (don't get me wrong, I love jazz, but I love all of Dev's albums for their massive wall of progressive sound. Can a jazz guy reproduce this?), but as someone else said, you know Dev's going to choose someone who can pull off whatever he's wanting to do, musically. So all should be well!

The anticipation is building!

You heard of a band called SikTh? Their drummer was a Jazz percussionist and they were the most apeshit bonkers collective to spawn from North London. I think their bassist was Jazz too.

Devy has never failed to impress me with each of his recordings, I'm pretty sure this one will be a cracker.

Yeah, I have a couple of Sikth's albums. Pretty amazing band, unfortunately no longer with us.

Another example might be Living Color. Will Calhoun had a very strong Jazz background, but slammed it down hard in the Rock stuff for that band...
#181709 by Devymetalnut
Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:27 am
Lettuce wrote:
Roddy wrote:
No, you're close to spot on!

The 'jazz' element DOES worry me slightly (don't get me wrong, I love jazz, but I love all of Dev's albums for their massive wall of progressive sound. Can a jazz guy reproduce this?), but as someone else said, you know Dev's going to choose someone who can pull off whatever he's wanting to do, musically. So all should be well!

The anticipation is building!

You heard of a band called SikTh? Their drummer was a Jazz percussionist and they were the most apeshit bonkers collective to spawn from North London. I think their bassist was Jazz too.

Devy has never failed to impress me with each of his recordings, I'm pretty sure this one will be a cracker.

Sikth were absolutely astounding, probably the best metal collective to come out of England so far, their fusion of metal, jazz and blues still amaze me to this day with their polyrhythms..... fucking crazy but really nice bunch of guys too. Im very proud of the fact that they were British, goes to show we have spawned some amazing musicians.
#181733 by Amber
Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:36 pm

This seemed needed. Although it was probably a little too late. :D

And SiKth are good. I saw them live once, rather funny. :D
#181745 by Devy, spelled Devy!
Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:28 pm
Hmmm, that wasn't nearly close enough to his face - can we zoom in a little more please?! :wink:

That's awesome, I think I may have found some new wall paper. I've never seen that before; was that really on icanhascheezburger.com?! :o
#181765 by Amber
Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:45 am
Heehee, unfortunately it wasn't, I just stole there lol creator thing =D So it automatically puts there weird little logo thing on it :P
#181917 by kekle3
Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:29 pm
Lettuce wrote:
Roddy wrote: I'm pretty sure this one will be a cracker.

Off topic, but Lettuce.. That picture with funny furry animals you have in your picture, wtf are those?

I can remember when I was a small child we had a VHS with them.. I can't remember what they where called though, and now im curius :P
#182309 by Fnargl
Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:25 pm
How about Lars on drums?

BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG
#182487 by Devymetalnut
Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:05 am
Sorry but my sister plays drums better than Lars.... and she doesnt play :shock:

But seriously I tried to get into his style of drumming and its so samey, he doesnt seem to mix it up much, plays pretty much the same rhythm and beat through the vid when theyre in the desert with the soldiers etc. Cant remember the name of it for the life of me for good reason but its so musically boring. Ive prob pissed someone off with that, but just my opinion, take it with a pinch of salt.... in your face. :lol: