Face your chaos, know who you are!
#183041 by Ike
Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:41 am
The Dev wrote:wet...yuck.

I'm filming it all...

completely forget that already! ah man, thank you so much :)
#183042 by BrunoN
Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:06 pm
Matt Nevens wrote:The name "Coast" makes me think its gonna be a kind of dreamy, spacious song...maybe
Or maybe it'll rip...CANT WAIT!

Such speculations are pointless, I though that "Let it roll" will be something fast and facemelting before listening to Synchestra. Turned out I had to wait halfway the Hypergeek to have my face melted, all stuff before was just friendly pats on the head. "Coast" can be Bavarian tuba metal with Peruvian pan flute band influences as well.
#183043 by Hares
Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:16 pm
I can't believe the record is coming...and we can know the details too.....dreaming?
#183044 by Ike
Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:27 pm
Bavarian tuba metal with Peruvian pan flute band influences

i'm taking notes here...

/derail
#183046 by hairbearbunch
Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:52 pm
Who's Nickelback?
Anyone checked out 'hidden messages Simpsons movie' on youtube searches? I think DJHIVES has some good ones.
Wonder if Tracy recalls a pic I sent of my cat Shekinah, looked just like Spuki.
Maybe we could change the 'ask Tracy' page to 'ask Dev'.

Something I meant to add before, about your instrument collection, maybe your "lucky" because all those instruments chose you! Reality can be observed from infinite angles, space and time, malleable. You asked and they heard. Now you sing together.

Fuck, I'm tired sore and don't wanna go to work this mornin, wanna hang out in my art studio and cre8. Asking the Universe.
#183049 by The Dev
Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:29 pm
Something I meant to add before, about your instrument collection, maybe your "lucky" because all those instruments chose you! Reality can be observed from infinite angles, space and time, malleable. You asked and they heard. Now you sing together.

...agreed.
#183060 by Phase
Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:49 pm
For a bunch of bmetal heads, we all have some hippy-esque notions, eh?
#183065 by Devymetalnut
Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:10 pm
The Dev wrote:Yup, using protool 8 (keeps crashing)... not 'reason', I used to use it but prefer Ableton currently.

Recording at a studio, sleeping at home (sometimes)

I've made so many records that it is akin to knitting...(or putting together a big puzzle) ...oh look! it's a sailboat! ...next.

Yup special edition, yup maybe a vinyl,

The only vid I've ever 'done' that I truly like is Almost Again and 1) I had nothing to do with it 2) I wasn't in it...go figure.

Anyways, Konrad did that one, and he's doing Coast.

Just waking up... I have to poo.

Spooky is really smart.

Thanks for the reply Dev, hmm i shall checkout ableton for sure, cats can be pretty darn smart indeed, my cats smarter than me :shock:

Sweet, Pro tools is indeed very nooice to use, im guessing this has mostly been recorded in the 'Devlab', nothing at the armoury?

Love your special editions, packed full of goodness. Making music is akin to knitting eh? Maybe its underatted knitting a good pair of long johns :P

These updates are very very cool indeed, I too am going to ignore any of this music until i have the cd in my hands and dribble running down my chin. :lol:
#183077 by AlucardXIX
Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:54 pm
The Dev wrote:Yup, using protool 8 (keeps crashing)... not 'reason', I used to use it but prefer Ableton currently.

Recording at a studio, sleeping at home (sometimes)

I've made so many records that it is akin to knitting...(or putting together a big puzzle) ...oh look! it's a sailboat! ...next.

Yup special edition, yup maybe a vinyl,

The only vid I've ever 'done' that I truly like is Almost Again and 1) I had nothing to do with it 2) I wasn't in it...go figure.

Anyways, Konrad did that one, and he's doing Coast.

Spooky is really smart.

Almost Again is an awesome song...Really wish you would have played it live on your last tour.

Can we expect some more like Almost Again in the future?
#183081 by rgx612a
Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:26 pm
The Dev wrote:

gotta take a Nickelback, hey... :mrgreen:
#183087 by Torbjørn
Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:42 pm
The Dev wrote:Yeah, for sure...I've got so much music, records and records worth, so I've just been sorting out what goes where, and the vocals on Ki are pretty specific. It has a point. And it only gets mad here and there, but when it does, it's pretty overwhelming.

Some beautiful stuff too.

I sing as much as any other instrument, so it'll have it's fair share.

...hard to explain this one...

um...

it's ...good? (or something?)

I just bought the new nickelback album to see what the fuss is about.

I mean, I like intercourse as well, so yay nickelback! ...finally someone is being honest!

:shock:

The Lonely Island CD is pretty LOL.

And i guess it would be considered a mainstream album. Give that whirl.
#183089 by stratman687
Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:04 pm
The Dev wrote:
Simpsons movie shat the bed, so I ended up watching most of season 2 'arrested development'.

Watch the X files seasons! So amazing!!!
#183120 by DarthAwesome
Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:50 am
stratman687 wrote:
The Dev wrote:
Simpsons movie shat the bed, so I ended up watching most of season 2 'arrested development'.

Watch the X files seasons! So amazing!!!

Pfft

Watch Firefly. only one season before it was cancelled, best Sci-fi show i've ever seen. picked up the entire season for like $40 bucks. also has such a good theme song :D
#183128 by robvondoom
Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:35 am
I'd highly recommend Neon Genesis Evangelion if you want a real mind fuck. Nobody does it like the Japanese. The show had a run of 26 episodes and when financing ran out for it they completed the last few episodes with just basic animation and concept drawings. They then made two films to show all sides of the finale. Really intensely amazing stuff with an incredible soundtrack.

Look for the Directors Cut of the series with the 2 films "Death & Rebirth" and "End of Evangelion".
I really don't think you'll be disappointed.

Can't wait for these albums. 2009 is gonna be something special indeed.