Face your chaos, know who you are!
#188527 by Lost Soul
Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:33 pm
The Dev wrote:Guys!!!!

You all rule!!

Give me one more week and I'll rock with you, I'll get some graphics, some downloadable 'exclusive' tracks, and a big explanation of this project!

After the 4 albums, we are doing an 8 cd box set (4 albums plus 4 bonus disk and videos plus a big booklet)

Give me one more week...I'm doing some work right now that has me predisposed for a few more days!

You guys are what make this work...thank you so much...

dev

Hello Devin,

I would just like to return on this famous boxset.
Personally, I find that that is afraid for those who will have already bought 4 albums during their respective release, because if we want the 4 CD bonus and the DVD, it will be necessary to acquire at the same time the 4 albums that we shall already have.

The boxset with any heights of bonus and a DVD, I find that cool, You not you crazy steps of the mouth of the fans and there is means to make a great thing.

What would be needed it is to take out two versions of the boxset:
- The first one with the 4 albums plus 4 bonus disk and videos plus a big booklet
- The second with only 4 CD bonus and DVD, by leaving a space so that they can line up the 4 albums indoors. This version for the persons already having the 4 albums, just like that, not need to re-pay albums, they just pay the boxset with all bonus.
Here what I say about it. Certainly they are yet there there, but a small elucidation of your part on this plan would be nice, to see how you envisage this. :wink:

Good continuance mister Townsend.

Arnaud
FRANCE
#188532 by AndraZ
Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:04 pm
Joined your group :-)
Btw, I was the creator of the first Ziltoid Group in StudiVZ.

murren12k wrote:Hey Guys,

the german equivalent to facebook is StudiVZ or MeinVZ.

I formed a group called "Devin Townsend Projects" to spread the word.

So every German using this board: Join the group and invite all your friends.

Hugh
#188541 by auldj
Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:27 pm
AndraZ wrote:Joined your group :-)
Btw, I was the creator of the first Ziltoid Group in StudiVZ.

murren12k wrote:Hey Guys,

the german equivalent to facebook is StudiVZ or MeinVZ.

I formed a group called "Devin Townsend Projects" to spread the word.

So every German using this board: Join the group and invite all your friends.

Hugh

Awesome, the more groups and stuff the better! I have never heard of StudVZ...although I am not German....proberbly why....
#188567 by Reion
Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:37 pm
I want stickers, tonnes of them, i want to plaster my guitars in Devy stickers :P

Edit: One thing i'd really like, is a bunch of really good banners/sigs that i could use on forums, one for HevyDevy.com(using the one from myspace atm:D) and one for the myspace, ofcourse i'd make them clickable, linking to the corresponding sites ;)

Something pretty, and cool, y'know

too retarded to do it myself :| ...
#188581 by hairbearbunch
Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:02 pm
The poopernuggeteer youtube channel was a cool idea, post more oddities and make it like your own tv channel. Youtube post are commonly linked all over the web, gain a momentum there and then have your home pages linked to gain fresh audience.
The contrast between whackiness and seriousness shouldn't be an issue, good polarities to have.
Been letting my Frankston mates know what's goin on, make up a good portion of a crowd.
#188678 by sylkicks
Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:24 am
Well, Dev, whatever you decide to do, count me in. I am your humble slave :P I got Albuquerque, New Mexico completely covered for ya lol. But yeah, flyers are a good idea, plastering them everywhere and handing them out at shows (once its closer to the album being released, of course) and stickers serve a similar purpose. Anything you need from me, I'm your man in New Mexico. Here's my email, drop me a line for anything I can possibly do. sylkicks@yahoo.com Woo hoo excited!
#188688 by Rotterdam
Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:22 pm
There is no question that I will be buying this box set. It seems like I've been waiting centuries for you to put out some new material, Devin.
Can't wait!
I'm hoping you make a trip over here for a Van. Island show. But I'll come to Vancouver if you don't, no problem. The Synchestra CD Release show was up there with any Opeth or SYL show in my list of favorites. That is some good shit!
Keep up the stellar work, sir!
#188799 by kent
Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:16 am
Dev,As far as getting back the myspace name, I have seen similar situations where a fan created a page using the bands name and then when the band (or the bands record label) wanted the band to have a myspace page of their own, they would find that someone allready had taken the name. A similar thing happened with Iced Earth. When the record label wanted to start a myspace page of their own, (www.myspace.com/icedearth) they found that some fan had allready taken the name. So I think it was the records legal team that had to get in contact with myspace's legal team and get the name turned over to them. It seemed kinda mean, but I could understand why. The record label just wanted the band to have a piece of the whole internet pie. Maybe you might have to do the same thing. Or at least contact the myspace admins and explain the situation to them.
#190016 by FFLinchpin
Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:41 am
auldj wrote:724 members of the Facebook group!!!

That means at least 724 people know about Ki and the rest of the albums!!

Good news...

Not exactly platinum status, but hey its a start! :P
#193459 by Dremen
Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:38 am
Well, our school has about 600 students.

In school we have this thing everyday where you play some music and speak about something.

I'm going to take care of it with a friend. I have Terria, Infinity, Accelerated Evolution and Synchestra. What song should I play to ~600 students? :]

E: Now I'm advertising with my steam nick, playing in a lot of servers >:)