10%
10%
1%
1%
1%
1%
#244113 by Bookwyrm83
Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:14 pm
1. Heaven Send, for the beautiful lyrics, quiet menace, and climactic bursts of heaviness.
2. Winter, for being truly soothing and hypnotic.
Trainfire a close 3rd, it has that rocking blues-feel that reminds me of Bad Devil.
#248196 by No OnE
Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:37 pm
#1: Ki - this song is amazing beyond words, i'd rather just listen to it than explain why it's so great
#2: Trainfire - this song is an adventure, and i love it! especially the way the interlude just kinda works itself in there

I felt bad picking my top 2, because there are so many great moments on this record (I could say good things about every song here). Definitely one of my favorite albums in the DT discography.

I must say, I honestly didn't like Heaven Send at all until I chilled out on my couch in the dark and really listened to the whole album on a nice pair of headphones. Now that song is right up there w/ my favorites, just because its like a huge cathartic release of negative emotion (listen to the end section after they jump back into the song...dev really lets out the rage!), which makes room for the rest of the album to restore emotional vitality and peace of mind.
#255440 by Hurls34
Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:01 pm
Heaven Send was the first tune I really liked.

Trainfire was probably number two, until I saw him live and it fell to No. 3 in favor of Disrupter.

Disrupter is the perfect song to listen to when your stuck in gridlock traffic and your getting more and more pissed as time goes on.
Great tune!
#255492 by Jaglavak
Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:21 pm
'Coast' and 'Ki' are my two picks, and that's just because I've been digging those two lately - the whole album is awesome! 'Ki', though, is... in every which way, just a perfect song. So beautiful and relaxing to start out with, before it builds into what's just about the best climax in any song ever.
#256564 by noobpotato
Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:14 am
Disruptr has so much groove to it, its unbelievable. But my definite favorite is Ki cause holy shit is that one of the most chilled out relaxing things i've ever heard.
#257501 by atum_rick
Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:51 am
For me, Disruptr and Heaven Send are the main pieces of the album. Ki can get in there too, but, at least lately, I have been in the mood for these other two songs.
Disruptr is like a big punch in your face. The part in the middle when he screams "You don't forget the family, be a good man, boy" is so...transcendental. I don't know words to describe it.
Heaven Send is also wonderful. I never heard a song that could build such tension! Everything is perfect, the drums, the guitar, Devin's voice. And when he screams "FINITE, INFINITE!" and breaks into the "BUUUURN" part, it's just so...ah, I feel like I'm exploding into space, haha.

But I love the whole Ki album.
Coast takes you away. Terminal is just pure drifting into relaxation, just like Ki.
Gato and Trainfire are both really cool.
Quiet Riot is so emotional T_T and I can really connect to the lyrics.
#285531 by Manwards
Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:53 am
"Trainfire", because it's just so different to anything else he's done. It's catchy, it's bluesy, it's silly and a little sinister, and the slow ending is sublime.

"Lady Helen", because despite being one of the simplest songs on the album, the lyrics really work for me, and it's got a lovely calm atmosphere.
#287413 by ShortSonata
Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:00 am
1) Winter - For being one of the best chillout songs ever. Lovely on rainy days (like right now).
2) Terminal - Same thing really, but for a more introspective mood.