10%
1%
1%
1%
1%
#221064 by Archetype
Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:25 pm
Trainfire and KI.
Combining Elvis and metal? ... That's just excellent. And the ending of KI, with the arpeggio's and beautiful vocal lines, will never get boring.
#221257 by Biert
Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:39 pm
SupraKarma wrote:3 - Ki has an amazing first half, totally ruined by that last half power-metal-drumkit-from-hell-operatic-vocals "thing". Hate it.

I fucking love that bit :lol:
#221278 by Leechmaster
Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:33 pm
I actually much prefer the start of Ki as the track "Soft" on ASD II... The Ki version isn't as good. You're mad not liking the crescendo though! It's the best part of the whole album! in my opinion, obvsly
#222022 by darkenthesky
Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:50 pm
sol niger 333 wrote:I'm lost as to how terminal is not the favourite song of every human being on the planet! Guess it speaks to me louder than any of the other songs in a quieter way if that makes sense. Amazing song to me. Thanks Devvy

I'm a little surprised at this as well. Ever since my first listen of "Ki", Terminal was definitely the standout to me. To this day, it still is. I like Ki as a whole, but if I had to choose from it, Terminal would be my choice - hands down.

There's just some melancholic beauty that I connect with in the song; be it from the simple guitar riff, the lyrics, or even just the way the lyrics are delivered via the vocals. The only other track on Ki that could come close to me (in choosing a favorite) would be "Winter". It's another case of connecting with the melancholy that's presented.
#222132 by daneulephus
Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:41 am
darkenthesky wrote:
sol niger 333 wrote:I'm lost as to how terminal is not the favourite song of every human being on the planet! Guess it speaks to me louder than any of the other songs in a quieter way if that makes sense. Amazing song to me. Thanks Devvy

I'm a little surprised at this as well. Ever since my first listen of "Ki", Terminal was definitely the standout to me. To this day, it still is. I like Ki as a whole, but if I had to choose from it, Terminal would be my choice - hands down.

There's just some melancholic beauty that I connect with in the song; be it from the simple guitar riff, the lyrics, or even just the way the lyrics are delivered via the vocals. The only other track on Ki that could come close to me (in choosing a favorite) would be "Winter". It's another case of connecting with the melancholy that's presented.

I concur with both of you. :D
#225194 by biomech1
Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:14 pm
terminal and demon league. I dont know why these songs effect me so much, and I love heavens end, but these songs really really grab me.

I guess im getting older, and am maturing in that I appreciate the moods and dynamics in music more. Which is interesting as this is Devins reasoning behind KI. Its awesome to mature with an artist/musician such as Dev. I started listening to his music when I was 17 or so, when 'city' came out. Im 29 now. I truly loved SYLs music, but also got into Ocean Machine and the rest of the solo catalog, but it didnt 'feel' like it does now, if that makes any sense. yeah I liked the album, but today I love it. "voices in the fan' is my favorite song of all time, and I will be buried to it if (when) I die.
It took me all these years to truly appreciate the beauty and dynamics in the album. So when I hear KI, I appreciate it more than I would of if I was 18.

I still love death metal etc, but I also appreciate and look forward to laying back, and chilling, listening to beauty, not aggression.

anyway Im sounding really emotional, Off to blast the new NILE album...
#226519 by racheljones101
Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:25 am
I went for Terminal and Winter. Then id choose lady helen and coast, but if im in an agressive mood then i love singing heaven send XD but they are all amazing x
#227668 by erxgli
Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:00 am
Terminal and Lady Helen.

I remember listening to Terminal when I first put the album on my phone...wow these songs (referring to all of Ki) are already nostalgic to me, connected to memories of the past of times when I felt a way that I'll never quite feel the same again.

It always gives me chills when I'm reminded of a particular head space by a song. Feels good, man.

If it were out of three, I'm tempted to say that Winter would be the one. Though I do love the songs that get heavy, and I would probably want to represent my appreciation for them by picking my favorite one.

"favorite"

:?
#228321 by Wosko
Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:26 pm
erxgli wrote:Terminal and Lady Helen

Great minds think alike... I completely agree with you m8 good call :)