Face your chaos, know who you are!
#201961 by DynamicSylence
Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:31 am
Hey Dev
Probably a wierd question but I was wondering if you could give me a hint on how to set my Equalizer to get the best listening result to KI
I know it´s probably a stupid question that cant be answered, but I got the feeling that I´m missing out a lot.I am using a program called MediaMonkey and the equalizer looks like this :http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/3984/equalizero.png
Maybe you can give me an answer or just Ignore this totally trivial question :lol:
Thx in advance
greets
Dynamic
#201975 by DynamicSylence
Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:48 am
Well probably sounds orgamsic on 5.1 just wondered if maybe ya know get a little tweak on highs and lo´s to get a result thats closer to what it sounds like in the Studio if you know what I mean.
@Fnargl: I dont meant to insult Devin in any way as it accured to me you felt inslulted by my Post.
It´s just when I listen to stuff via Headphones I get a much more defined experience sound wise and was wondering if the usual standard EQ setup is maybe not the best to enjoy any kind of Musik and especially the kind Devin makes with all the Layers and Walls of sound I just always feel I´m missing out on a lot of detail by just putting the CD on and press play.And of course my Two small desktop Speakers are´nt made to produce a Massive sound but at least a gilmpse at Heaven but whatever seems I stepped on some Toes with my Post again and leave it to the Title a Stupid question.
THX
Dynamic
#202004 by NFF
Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:40 pm
audio is subjective. when i say that i mean that not everyone likes the same sound signatures some like bass some like highs some like mids. to stand out more and some like the music to be as flat/acurate as posible. as for your eq settings, fiddle around with them and see what you enjoy the most... or if you have an actual FQ response graph for your speakers/headphones then set the EQ so that it counteracts the dips/humps in the curve to get it as close to flat as posible... but if you have a fairly high end system/cans then you shouldent have to touch the EQ I personaly dont use an eq since i like it to be as accurate as possible.

so try diffrent curves and see what you like the best, nobody can tell you what you like can they?
#202009 by kettle
Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:45 pm
The Dev wrote:Nope, not stupid...

In my car (toyota fukkin echo, yo!) ...I have the bass on 4 and the Treble on 3 (of 5) for everything I listen to.

Dunno if that helps!

What kind of seat covers do you recommend?

I'm looking to counteract road noise but also put some sizzle back into the top end.
#202059 by Wander
Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:44 am
pfefferbrot wrote:I like to keep it slow; I use Amazing Slow Downer to listen to the albums in a more moderate wise. This way, I hear a lot more details and I can listen longer.
Try it! For Ki I like setting speed to 17%.

What the hell dude? :D Slowed down to 17%??!
#202150 by pfefferbrot
Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:25 am
Wander wrote:
pfefferbrot wrote:I like to keep it slow; I use Amazing Slow Downer to listen to the albums in a more moderate wise. This way, I hear a lot more details and I can listen longer.
Try it! For Ki I like setting speed to 17%.

What the hell dude? :D Slowed down to 17%??!

Yeah, it's really cool. And with "Amazing Slow Downer" the music even stays in pitch. :) But Coast played back in C# isn't bad, either.. It's btw best at 9% Speed.
#203071 by Overtone
Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:44 pm
My car stereo comes with all kinds of presets like Jazz, Hip Hop, etc. I use the one called Mind-rape.

Btw, Ki IS really special on a big setup... all the small stuff (Eventides, etc.) really builds up a cool and expansive texture. The rest of the albums too, but Ki especially seems to "hang" there in the air, really neat.
#203095 by DynamicSylence
Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:14 am
I have the bass on 4 and the Treble on 3 (of 5) for everything I listen to.

Thx Dev I´ll try that I am always trying to get a Soundscape that kinda blends all outside noises out without cranking the VOlume up so I´m def for the rest of the day.
As for Hi end system ain´t got one just plain old PC Speakers but an expensive studio soundcard wich kinda compensates my lame Accustik outlet anyways thanks for your advice

Greetz
Dynamic