Face your chaos, know who you are!
#205845 by Devy, spelled Devy!
Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:14 am
When I was listening to that song the first time, I thought..
wow, this is ending already? But there's ~1 min. and a half left; this must be one of those long fade-out endings.

Ha! WRONG! That shit came back full force. I wouldn't call it awkward but unexpected for sure! It was very delicious. I almost got side-swiped by a car just when the chorus came back in after the break... so I think the shock was amplified by that :lol:
#205928 by Wander
Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:48 pm
I also like the gap and chorus repeat, apparently only a small minority see it as a momentum killer.
Last edited by Wander on Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
#205930 by Wander
Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:49 pm
Wander wrote:I also like the gap and chorus repeat, apparently only a small minority see it as a momentum killer.
#205958 by Van Pole
Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:53 pm
Devy, spelled Devy! wrote:wow, this is ending already? But there's ~1 min. and a half left; this must be one of those long fade-out endings.

Ha! WRONG! That shit came back full force.

Exactly... it's coming back and you feel even more power from that song.

Silence... some light conversation, drums starts quietly and........ BOOM ! "How could Heaven be so frenetic, oh you've got it..."

Coolness.
#207278 by lnetzel
Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:37 am
Mazaro wrote:The part a little more than halfway through "Heaven's End" where the mix just cuts out and you hear uninteresting, completely standard studio chatter and no other sound, before jumping into a near-exact repetition of the previous chorus... yeah, I thought it really killed the momentum. I don't see the point in reminding the listener that the musicians are in the studio tediously recording the tracks over and over again....

I feel the complete opposite, I thought this was funny as hell and the fact that nothing is really being said is even funnier.. it's just a bunch of confusing "ehh.. do you.. mmm.. can you... Yep yep... from there?

I like it!
#210630 by theconjob
Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:24 pm
The Dev wrote:It was a great take, but Duris didn't feel like he nailed the last chorus...it was supposed to end where it did, and we were on such a roll, that we just played the last chorus again under the assumption that I would edit it later...but I decided not to edit the drums, so we just used that moment in time.

I love it.

...I've been known to be wrong though :)

I wouldn't say you're wrong, it's an excellently placed break to highlight the intensity of the last chorus. At least that's the way I see it, it's a personal highlight on the album for me :)
#217648 by Marijn
Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:41 pm
These kind of things make music more dynamic!