Face your chaos, know who you are!
#261104 by mrbean667
Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:56 pm
I don't see the vibe of Trainfire as being fun at all, it's so dark to me. The ending, while it doesn't fit the song, conforms to its mood, and provides a glimmer of hope in my opinion.
Here's to it coming back some way or another in Ghost 1 or 2!
#275853 by barackobaka
Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:44 am
The song has this tongue in cheek, haha I'm addicted to porn! kinda poking fun of itself vibe, then the laughter dies away and its more, "but no seriously...".
Ergh I dunno, I suck at explaining. But its really touching.
#286131 by Bookwyrm83
Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:28 am
I think the part at the end works well, as it lends an offbeat touch, which is what Dev is wont to do.
#286690 by Cosmic Sea
Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:49 pm
I agree, the ending's quite fitting, reminds me of Voices In The Fan.
But anyway, what's stopping you from editing it yourself? For my mp3 player, I made a screamless version of Things Beyond Things. I also made an alternate "playlist-friendly" version of SYL's Zen that has a shortish segment of Info Dump in the end that fades out nicely - listening to the whole Info Dump before the playlist moves onto New Black doesn't fit in all situations and moods, and the original Zen track cuts abruptly because of its seamless transition to Info Dump on the album.

I also couldn't help resist cutting Maiden's Satellite 15 and Final Frontier into the two distinct songs. Them being stuck together as a 8:40 song just seemed pretty pointless to me. :roll:
#287438 by The Lodge
Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:45 pm
At the live show for this album, when the ending came, there was a massive applause from the audience, which is a great testament to how effective it is. Really does make you want more. Devin sang it himself, no female vocal.
#292945 by Hiddos
Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:26 am
The Lodge wrote:At the live show for this album, when the ending came, there was a massive applause from the audience, which is a great testament to how effective it is. Really does make you want more. Devin sang it himself, no female vocal.

Oh cool. Do you know if there is a video of that?
#292967 by swervedriver
Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:24 pm
Hiddos wrote:
The Lodge wrote:At the live show for this album, when the ending came, there was a massive applause from the audience, which is a great testament to how effective it is. Really does make you want more. Devin sang it himself, no female vocal.

Oh cool. Do you know if there is a video of that?

It'll be on the DVD for sure. There might be a crowd video or two floating around on youtube as well.
#292977 by Hiddos
Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:58 pm
swervedriver wrote:
Hiddos wrote:
The Lodge wrote:At the live show for this album, when the ending came, there was a massive applause from the audience, which is a great testament to how effective it is. Really does make you want more. Devin sang it himself, no female vocal.

Oh cool. Do you know if there is a video of that?

It'll be on the DVD for sure. There might be a crowd video or two floating around on youtube as well.

Any idea when the DVD will be out then? I've read February somewhere, but I can't remember whether it was a reliable source or not.
#292980 by swervedriver
Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:03 pm
Hiddos wrote:
swervedriver wrote:
Hiddos wrote:
The Lodge wrote:At the live show for this album, when the ending came, there was a massive applause from the audience, which is a great testament to how effective it is. Really does make you want more. Devin sang it himself, no female vocal.

Oh cool. Do you know if there is a video of that?

It'll be on the DVD for sure. There might be a crowd video or two floating around on youtube as well.

Any idea when the DVD will be out then? I've read February somewhere, but I can't remember whether it was a reliable source or not.

No official announcements yet. Rumour has it Dev wants it released early 2012 (February/March), but given how all DTP albums were all originally planned for release within one year I'd take that rumour with a grain of salt. Predicting release dates hasn't been Dev's forte lately. :P

Personally, I'm hoping it'll be out next week. :mrgreen:
#293308 by CutManMetal
Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:46 pm
That song gives me chills, man. First the chorus did, and I was so unprepared for a SECOND moment so powerful. It just kinda wafts in like a cool breeze, and then melts with that final note, as quickly as it appears, it goes...And you just sit there.

Yeah, I get pretty dramatic about my descriptions of music.
#305583 by Chloris
Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:35 pm
Cg138 wrote:
jburde wrote:I can't imagine a way that this song could be any better. The beautiful ending always helps me sleep. (meant in the best way possible)


Completely opposite of Things Beyond Things. Fuck you for that ending, Dev. Seriously.

That's a really excellent juxtaposition! I was only saying to a friend the other day that I've actually started savouring the scream at the end of Things Beyond Things and deliberately waiting for it with anticipation... it's like the alarm bells in Pink Floyd's "Time"; you're lulled into a comfortable place and then abruptly shaken out of it when you get a fright.

Trainfire's ending is absolutely beautiful. The vocalist has one of the most enchanting voices I've ever heard. I much prefer her voice to that of Anneke on Addicted. When I heard that there was going to be female vocals on it I was dead disappointed to hear it would be her and not the lady from Ki. It lets the album down.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests