Face your chaos, know who you are!
#208995 by Noren
Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:11 am
Hello,

Is there a way to buy Ki in MP3 format ?

Shipping price on HDR (cd format) represent 40 % of the total price for my country :( And I don't really need another cd box on my shelf .. Just want Devin's awesome music !
Cd : 9 € (wich is a very good price)
shipping : 6 €
total : 15 €

Anyway it's better than my local reseller who sell it 20 € .. (FNAC Paris).

Thanks you.
#209006 by Noren
Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:53 am
Yes, if I can't buy MP3, I'll buy the cd.
Then encode it in mp3 to listen it on computer/ipod (ahh not an ipod, I hate Itunes) /car, you pick the one you want.
The little plastic box will be covered in dust in a few months.

I'd prefer buying MP3 15 € to HDR instead of giving 9 € to HDR and 6 € to a postal service that has nothing to do with the artist I want to support.

And yes MP3 sucks, I'd prefer lossless audiot format, but guess what ? They are not supported by ipod /creative / etc.
#209011 by swervedriver
Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:37 am
You can probably find them on most major online stores. I only checked amazon, but you can find all mp3 downloads of Ki there. I'm sure places like the iTunes store etc sell them too.
#209015 by Noren
Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:03 am
Ahh yes , amazon, thanks you !

I hope that in a the future it will be available on the HDR website :)
#209236 by Chili
Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:17 pm
Noren wrote:And yes MP3 sucks, I'd prefer lossless audiot format, but guess what ? They are not supported by ipod /creative / etc.

iPods support "apple lossless" or whatever it's called. I'm sure the difference between ~250 kbit VBR MP3s (Amazon) and a CD is not noticable by a typical human being though.
#209471 by Tobylove
Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:12 am
Noren wrote:…And yes MP3 sucks, I'd prefer lossless audiot format, but guess what ? They are not supported by ipod /creative / etc.

well… then get a real HI-FI soundsystem :mrgreen:
#209972 by Musicislife
Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:17 am
Chili wrote:
Noren wrote:And yes MP3 sucks, I'd prefer lossless audiot format, but guess what ? They are not supported by ipod /creative / etc.

iPods support "apple lossless" or whatever it's called. I'm sure the difference between ~250 kbit VBR MP3s (Amazon) and a CD is not noticable by a typical human being though.

Depending on your HiFi equipment, this difference can be noticeable! If the difference is worth it to you is up to the listener ;) I allways used to think it wasn't at all noticeable, until i compared a cd to mp3's on the HiFi set belonging to a friend of mine. He is really into HiFi and has some ridiculously expensive speakers, but the sound quality was just _awesome_!

Ontopic, i think buying MP3's is incredibly lame, since they let you pay a (in my opinion) way too high price for a crappy, DRM protected mp3 that isn't even near cd quality. Correct me if i'm wrong but this is my experience with buying MP3's. I would really recommend buying the cd, but that is up to you :)
#210277 by Jaymz
Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:55 am
Come on people the guy (or gal) wants to know where to get an mp3 from, not have the fact they can only get it in that format ridiculed.

I know for a fact play.com have the album available for download.
#211133 by EatYourBeets86
Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:51 am
Try listening to Alien in MP3, followed by the CD itself (or vice versa)... The difference in quality is definitely noticeable, even without the most expensive sound system known to mankind! :wink:

(Nothing to do with buying Ki in MP3 I know)
#211272 by filthmammoth
Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:01 am
I have a fairly cheap Panasonic stereo and when listening to layered stuff the mp3 quality difference is noticeable. Doesn't stop me using them about 300x more than the cds.