Face your chaos, know who you are!
#210773 by Mojovision
Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:38 am
when the album just got released, i bought a copy through hevydevy, and received a regular cd, with the usual thank you note. then 3 weeks ago, while shopping for cds in town, i found another version, actually the same cd inside, but with a cardboard cover (like the special edition accelerated evolution). inside the booklet, there was a sheet with lyrics and dev's signature on it.

so anyways, i was just wondering about this...and also, why i got the regular cd and not the other one from the official store? not a big deal really, cause i can always make someone else happy with it.
#210776 by Biert
Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:00 am
HDR wanted to keep the version that was up for pre-order as cheap as possible, hence no slip-cover or lyrics sheet or 3D-glasses that were supposed to come with the other version. I'm not sure HDR have switched to the the retail version, or maybe it's a (InsideOut) European-only version or something.
#210779 by gendralman
Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:33 am
All of Devin's albums are released in Canada on his label (HevyDevy), and then released in the rest of the world by various distributors (InsideOut in America and Europe, Sony/Marquee in Japan, etc.). The distributors often add bonus tracks and/or special packaging.

So if you buy Ki through HevyDevy, you'll get the barebones version, and if you buy it in a store, you'll likely wind up with InsideOut's version, which has the special DTP slip case and the lyrics sheet (and probably an InsideOut advertisement on the inside).
#210782 by Mojovision
Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:41 am
aha..thanks for the info! :D i didnt get 3D glasses however...but i got a limp bizkit one somewhere...i was pretty confused about the 3D art..i thought it would be something like Tool's 10,000 days cd
#210902 by St_Clean
Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:30 am
I'm still waiting for my pre order to show up.... :cry:

no joke! :lol:
#211314 by Eyesore
Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:58 pm
I have a pair of 3D glasses from my old Oh Say Can You Scream VHS tape by Skid Row. Haha.
#215549 by Biert
Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:49 am
Rossell wrote:I indeed have this special "3D" version. And its quite awesome :D

They all are 3D. It's just that some versions (the not-preorder-from-HevyDevy versions) come with an extra slipcase (non-3D) and have a lyrics sheet.
#215684 by PraiseTheLard
Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:19 pm
gendralman wrote:All of Devin's albums are released in Canada on his label (HevyDevy), and then released in the rest of the world by various distributors (InsideOut in America and Europe, Sony/Marquee in Japan, etc.). The distributors often add bonus tracks and/or special packaging.

So if you buy Ki through HevyDevy, you'll get the barebones version, and if you buy it in a store, you'll likely wind up with InsideOut's version, which has the special DTP slip case and the lyrics sheet (and probably an InsideOut advertisement on the inside).

What gets sold in America gets sold in Canada too. Accelerated Evolution and Synchestra are in almost every CD store around where I live and I think its the InsideOut version.
#228323 by Wosko
Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:31 pm
I went to HMV with my friend to pick up Ki for my ex for christmas and IT WAS DISCONTINUED SADFACE... so i got her Infinity instead. Oh well