Face your chaos, know who you are!
#232405 by Dublin Frank
Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:06 am
Hey ya'll

Anyone got any tips on acheiving a ki like lead tone? I use a podxt live for effects processing.

Obviously I'm not going to acheive the same thing so shout out with any ideas you have for your favourite clean tones. :)
#232457 by mrbean667
Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:02 pm
Echo Platter baby. I made a great tone on PodFarm, I'd upload it if I knew how.
#232635 by MF_Kitten
Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:12 am
i have no clue which amp model i´d use for that, you´ll have to try out some stuff. however, for effects, try the analog delay with modulation, that´s a nice effect for those sounds. notice the delay devin is using is very analog-ish, with a sort of "bendy" tape-like effect going on. use a high feedback level, go easy on the modulation speed and depth, just make it sorta bend a little to get that sweetness to it. then, lower the treble and bass controls (if there are any on that delay? i forget!). set the mix level to taste, of course. then, throw a nice reverb on there. i don´t know which one would work better, but i´d try the cavernous reverb. set the controls so it´s not drowning the clean signal.

also, compression sounds really nice on these kinds of clean tones, so throw that on there too.
#232724 by mrbean667
Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:52 pm
I don't know how to upload a tone, but I'll post my settings:

Noise Gate

Blackface Lux:
Drive 3
Bass 8
Middle 6
Treble 6
Presence 6
Volume 8

Sweeper