Hey! You're awake!
#224459 by ghyti
Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:18 pm
GAHHHHH!!
JUST GOT MY ADDICTED PACKAGE (#3) IN THE MAIL
FUCK

...# 562 signed booklet & a bonerific hand drawn cover...
GAHHH!!!
#224467 by JohnMatt
Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:48 pm
Got mine in the mail today as well, number 1417.

Which means they sold at least that many, and at $50 a pop (or more, mine was, because I'm not a tiny dude), that means at least $70,000 in sales, which is fantastic news. And on top of that, this is only the premium package. And that's only preorders.

I'll be very interested to know how many copies of the album they sell in the first week. I mean, in the premium pack alone they already doubled what Ki sold in the first week based on the number on my cover.

For those of you who got one, what's your number? Particularly if it's above mine.
#224506 by Biert
Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:17 am
JohnMatt wrote:Which means they sold at least that many, and at $50 a pop (or more, mine was, because I'm not a tiny dude), that means at least $70,000 in sales, which is fantastic news. And on top of that, this is only the premium package. And that's only preorders.

Judging the way record labels work, Dev will be getting at least $20 bucks of all that!
#224585 by The Dev
Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:04 pm
Ha...

so to break it down...

50 bucks for a cd, a hoodie, and a poster.

Also include postage...also include the shipping back and forth of the 2000 covers and ocards and 2 weeks of my time (approx retail value, 56 canadian dollars)

I think CM will make some money past gross, but also, they distribute through EMI, and license through IO, who license from me (hevydevy records)

We went into this presale with the idea that it will be basically promo, so I don't really forsee anyone making any serious coin off of it...

What I AM super stoked on is the fact that many folks were kind enough to support the cause. I think we presold 2200 in total, which is close to three times what Ki did. It may make an appearance in the top hundreds on Billboard even, so the industry perception may end up getting people who book tours and tv shows take notice.

Your help and patience is incredibly humbling and we all really, really appreciate it. (after almost 20 years!)

Download at will folks. Lotsa luv.

d
#224588 by Jormungandr
Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:22 pm
Thats fantastic you presold 2200! How much do you expect to sell after the pre-order portion? I mean, how much did Ki sell afterwords apart from the pre-order on ebay we all got in on? Just some info to extrapolate with, eh?
#224590 by Lettuce
Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:25 pm
The day I see you performing on a prime time UK chatshow, I'll be a seriously happy bunny. There's no reason why this album can't get commercial success, it's catchy and friendly to the ears :o

Can't wait till my uber package flops on the doormat X3
#224741 by JohnMatt
Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:02 pm
Yeah, I agree there Dev, promoting it is a lot more important than the actual revenue from it at this point.

This blog has a really convincing take on the issue:

http://labs.timesonline.co.uk/blog/2009 ... e-sharing/

In particular, that graph is very damning. I'd recommend reading the first couple of paragraphs for anyone who isn't used to reading and comprehending graphs.

Oh, and if you don't mind, do you know if Accelerated Evolution will ever be back in stock? I know I can get it from CM or Amazon or something, but I'd rather get it from here if it's ever going to be available. I would guess that stuff sold thru your site gets you a higher percentage.

I'm considering grabbing a bunch of albums that I like, just for the sake of having a hard copy. Currently holding off on that purchase to see if AE will be back (to try and cut down on shipping charges... which might be futile if it's just a flat charge per CD anyway).
#224987 by maxoulou
Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:02 pm
ADDICTED Is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Devin the album is AWESOME :D . The best tracks are in order: NUMBERED,SUPERCRUSH, AWAKE, THE WAY HOME, UNIVERSE IN A BALL,IH AH, ADDICTED, HYPERDRIVE, RESOLVE and BEND IT LIKE BENDER but all is Fantastic. :guitar: Now DECONSTRUCT Yeah...................... 10+/10 like all of your albums.