Hey! You're awake!
#226332 by Porkuelinn
Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:20 am
anthonyslayer7 wrote:
GET YOUR CANADIAN ASS IN SEATTLE AND MELT MY EARDRUMS!! :guitar:

AGREED

All us seattle fans should put on a hevydevy show of our own! DEVY TUNES, ALKEE-HALL AND DANCING!
#226333 by ferocitas
Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:29 am
I'm already imagining myself at some European festival next summer having the best time ever with Devin blasting away Addicted songs. I think they are PERFECTLY suited for that. There will be some or more than some minds blown!
#226389 by Maniac
Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:48 am
Anyone notice that the little DTP logo thingy on the spine of Ki/Addicted doesn't line up? Just something I noticed while putting my new Addicted CD to my CD shelf. It's higher on Ki.
#226416 by Ozricmaggot
Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:32 pm
Got it today, immediately put it on, my missus started nodding to Bender tune and my 3yr old son started howling into a, yes, a color crayon.

Thank you for this album, mr. Townsend, it is the best. I have been a fan since Sex & Religion and you have always delivered only this time, it is beyond ... it is magic.

Fave tune: 'The Way Home!', the way it builds up ... I honestly haven't heard anything like this in my entire life. :zen:
#226488 by Octillus
Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:30 pm
Ozricmaggot wrote:Fave tune: 'The Way Home!', the way it builds up ... I honestly haven't heard anything like this in my entire life. :zen:

Shit yes. I've been waiting for someone else to notice this so I didn't think I was going crazy.
#226578 by reson
Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:35 pm
Addicted, I love it, Devin, way to go!
#226581 by mEh!
Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:14 pm
Just a little thought, The DTP symbol looks like the infinity symbol but the circle is broken. Like the Devin old times period is over. Is that the way it's ment?

I LOVE Addicted by the way. Numbered is overkill. cheers! :D
#226631 by Terria Machine
Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:34 am
Congrats on debuting at 168 on Billboard, Dev! Bout time your non-SYL stuff got some recognition. And yes, this is my first post in over 4 years.
#226655 by Nightshine
Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:37 am
Roddy wrote:Big call, but this is AOTY!!

Someone obviously didn't listen to Anno Domini High Definition or Part the Second.
#226660 by GuyOne
Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:52 am
Just found this:

http://pop.yle.fi/lista/albumit

36. Addicted - Devin Townsend

Ki appeared at #26 in Finland and Addicted at 36. A little sad. I wonder what the actual numbers sold are?
#226671 by Wander
Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:22 am
GuyOne wrote:Just found this:

http://pop.yle.fi/lista/albumit

36. Addicted - Devin Townsend

Ki appeared at #26 in Finland and Addicted at 36. A little sad. I wonder what the actual numbers sold are?

I was thinking... It's actually possible that Addicted sold a little more than Ki despite the worse positioning as during this time of the year, album sales are bigger, cause lots of people are buying stuff for Christmas. It could be that Addicted would have been in top 20 with those sales had it been the same month as when Ki came out.

I don't have any actual numbers though...
#226707 by reson
Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:27 pm
Listening to Awake again, I have to say Devin really reminds me of Freddie Mercury in that song. The style of the song is quite Queen-ish, it's got the bounciness of their poppier songs and a certain amount of that bombast, and Devin's tone, particularly in the verse sections, is very similar to Freddie, at least to these ears.
#226716 by eddieshred
Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:52 pm
I've listened to Addicted many, many times and still not bored of it. It's one of those albums that you can listen to it 50 times and when you listen the 51st time your still hearing something new.
#226779 by Sweden
Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:40 am
So I got home and was greeted by a big brown envelope with the special "splatter-drawn" cover of Addicted.......!!!!!!!
Sat my ass down in the big easy chair in the middle of the living room, positioned the two fat speakers on each side of me, cranked up the treble,bass and volume and took off!!!
Just got off the spaceship :=)..........HOLY SHIT!!!!
I'm not a newbie when it comes to Devin-music, in fact not a day goes by (especially when I'm working at the grey, dull concrete factory...) without some tunes of the man, so i "knew" that this was gonna be a kickass record - especially after reading interviews where addicted was described.
I know that it's pretty much a waste of time for me to write a post that says "addicted is great", cus everyone who's in here either already knows it or expects it - but FUCK ME!!!
"wall of sound" my ASS...
This record is what surrounds the wall !!!
I've never heard anoyne who can convey emotions thru music like this (not just with this record...All of 'em are AMAZING.)
Sometimes to some people music is just so much more than just music - it's a relief, something that takes you to exactly that place where you need to be in that moment to feel relaxed or pumped or furious or whatever and needless to say - this guys music really blow you away.
Just got off the spaceship - exhausted but filled with energy!!!