Hey! You're awake!
#226810 by GuyOne
Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:44 pm
Wander wrote:
GuyOne wrote:Just found this:

http://pop.yle.fi/lista/albumit

36. Addicted - Devin Townsend

Ki appeared at #26 in Finland and Addicted at 36. A little sad. I wonder what the actual numbers sold are?

I was thinking... It's actually possible that Addicted sold a little more than Ki despite the worse positioning as during this time of the year, album sales are bigger, cause lots of people are buying stuff for Christmas. It could be that Addicted would have been in top 20 with those sales had it been the same month as when Ki came out.

I don't have any actual numbers though...

Very true! That thought didn't even cross my mind. Odd.

also, as I mentioned before, the local independent shop was sold out in 2 days and the European warehouse they order from was also sold out with new copies hopefully coming in the first week of December.

Congrats Devy!
#226941 by grand trunk
Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:00 pm
It's funny how one song can change the whole complexion of an album. For me that song is Supercrush! When I started listening, I thought it was just another quality Devin album, no more no less, but once Supercrush! came on, I dunno, maybe it's because I saw that clip of Devin rehearsing the chorus over and over, but something just struck an europhic chord within me and all of a sudden everything came to life. When I listen to the first 3 songs now, I wonder how I could have underrated them so much.

Also, does anyone else think that Bend it like Bender! would fit very comfortably on a Lukas Moodysson soundtrack?
#227095 by Le Croix
Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:35 pm
Album of the year. by all means :amen:
#227190 by acefecoo
Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:43 am
the bend it like bender video is finished
#227264 by GuyOne
Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:53 am
acefecoo wrote:the bend it like bender video is finished

Is this an official video? :?
#227271 by acefecoo
Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:30 am
yeah i think...read dev's twitter
#227397 by BlueRaja
Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:13 am
"Bend It Like Bender video in a few days, not what you'd expect...but mind bogglingly brilliant, GROUNDBREAKING animation. KONRAD PALKIEWICZ!"

http://twitter.com/dvntownsend
#227399 by acefecoo
Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:37 am
am i the only one who think addicted would be a better lead single?...ok BILB is shorter but...i dont know
#227461 by Estbarul
Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:25 pm
I think BILB represents better the theme of the album, just have fun and live happy, no worries, but yeah, I like Addicted better too hehe
#227871 by badmotor
Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:42 am
Addicted is one of the best things to grace my tired ears in a long long time.
#280597 by DylanHunter
Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:07 pm
The Dev wrote:I totally appreciate that!

What I´m wondering though, is if you COULD be vauge, yet say something really pointed at the same time, and wrap it in that aesthetic, maybe you could make a hilarious point?

Especially if the lyrics are subversive?

Maybe I could wear a wig?

The whole point of the dtp (4 records) is to clarify myself, for me and the audience, and the things left unresolved at this point is my distain towards the industry for celebrating mediocrity. Maybe the lesson will be that it is inevitable and beautifully ironic in a way?

I need to figure that out with Addicted.

And with deconstruct, I´ve tried twice to make an incredibly complicated statement (Infinity and Alien) and both times it overtook me...now that I am clear headed, I need to try one last time, probably proving to myself once and for all that those types of music ultimately are not emotionally satisfying.

You see, this dtp is a catharsis and a purge, I need to know what my motivation has been? I need to clarify myself as explorative and not crazy, I´ve just been stoned and insecure. If I truly want to explore music in different genres in the future (soundtracks, plays, symphonies etc) I need to purge these needs and hangups I´ve had for years. The result is awesome in my opinion, but I already know the outcome, and it needs to happen a certain way. THATs why these are being done consecutively. I am still in touch with those motivations and hang ups (regardless of weather many of them have been resolved) but the resolution album (4) will not make sense without very accurate illustrations of the issues that brought that resolution about.

It´s a shame, I´d like to just resolve it, but without clarity, the resolution will make no sense.

It´s fun, for the first time in 10 years, I feel honored to be a musician...if I am doing music for the right reasons, theres no way I´d not tour and promote it, it just took these past three years to be a little more honest with myself.

you know im only a few years late on this post but there is no reason to be insecure dev!! i read your similar post
and recognition or not i bet nickleback, avril ect cant wake up feeling they've created something completely unique
YOU CAN!!!
man who else can come up with something so absurdly incredible as ziltoid!!
your music has touched musicians and common music lovers around the world man!
and i bet any musician would give an arm and a leg to jam with you live including myself
who the fuck wants to jam with nickleback?
so keep doing what your doing man!!
cant wait to hear the next album!!! :guitar: :D