Hey! You're awake!
#204500 by Leechmaster
Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:01 am
With the news coming out of Twitter that the mix for Addicted has started I thought it was time for another fantastically brilliant cover contest!

I'd say most know the story by now, but for the n00bs: We've had a few of these over the years, and they've all been good clean fun and have yielded many awesome efforts. Basic story is you make a cover for Addicted in a given period of time and then a poll is put up, votes are taken for two weeks and a winner is declared and receives a wonderful grand prize of sweet fuck all.

Here are the previous contests, if anyone is need of a reminder of the awesomeness.
Ki: 1 and 2
Ziltoid: 1 and 2
General Dev: 1 and 2

People might be sick of these by now, I dunno... But I always thought they were a cool little thing to have going on so I thought I'd suggest another. This is open to anyone and everyone on here, the more efforts I get the better! And I must stress again that people shouldn't be put off if they feel that you are arty enough or whatever. Yes there are people who are whizzes at Photoshop and whatever but y'know it's all in good spirits so don't not enter just because you don't think you'll win.

Right, I think that's all that rambling bollocks out of the way. As per usual please PM me your entry once you're ready to submit it, DO NOT post it in this thread because the whole thing is meant to be anonymous.
I'll give ye a whopping 6 and a bit weeks to complete and submit yer efforts, so:
Deadline is Sunday 23rd of August.

Best o' luck, lads and lassies!
#204587 by mEh!
Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:43 am
Thats cool. I'm in. :D But how can we cover a whole song? The CD isn't released yet. We will only be able to make the riffs Dev made on youtube. :roll:
#204588 by GuyOne
Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:46 am
It is about the album cover. Not a song cover.
#204638 by Leechmaster
Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:05 am
Christ, this got a fierce enthusiastic response! :? I do however already have one entry, which greatly surprised me in terms of speed of completion! But y'know, don't get too over-excited or anything.
#204642 by Freak Kitchen
Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:39 am
Leechmaster wrote:I do however already have one entry, which greatly surprised me in terms of speed of completion!

Hey I was bored. :D

Part of me is proud of it, and part of me thinks it's a rush job. Oh well, what's done is done.
#204660 by Van Pole
Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:13 pm
Wander wrote:Shit I wish I had any skill with photoshop.

Don't give up.

Use Paint.

Art is art.
#204664 by Leechmaster
Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:28 pm
I did my Ziltoid one in Paint and I came second! So don't give up just cos you can't use Photoshop... The idea behind the cover is just as important as the image itself a lot of the time.
#204668 by Zyprexa
Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:00 pm
I've always procrastinated too much to successfully participate in any of these competitions in the past. I have sat down on each occasion and spent about twenty minutes brainstorming, only to fail to actually commence the creation part. So I can promise I'll try but I can't promise I'll deliver. :D
#205565 by Leechmaster
Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:39 pm
I have 4 entries already. People are being very quick this time around! Keep it up!
#205581 by Aden
Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:18 pm
I might join in this time... but anything I make will have to be serious. My comedic values are pretty crap compared to some people here - I wouldn't be able to think of anything that would make anybody laugh.

Thats boring though isn't it? Shall I still?
#205603 by Tyroshai
Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:43 pm
C'mon folks...Get it done!