Hey! You're awake!

Ha!

#214443 by The Dev
Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:27 pm
So it's funny, I just gotta say...

The record industry cries and moans about downloading...labels going broke, it's the 'death of the industry'...musicians weep on their forums about the sins of taking food from their kids mouths yaddayadda...

So I get a mail today, saying that the label is sending 1000 unwatermarked promo's out tommorow.

And I'm like...'uh, it's a month and a half before the release...'

and they're like 'yes it is...'

...it's just funny. It's hard to take the complaints of labels seriously when that sort of thing happens.

They think it's a good record and that people will support it, and I truly appreciate that vote of confidence. I love Century Media, and I respect them.

I just think it's kind of funny!

Enjoy Addicted!
#214445 by UncleCthulhu
Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:29 pm
So a leak is now inevitable eh?

*claps hands together and rubs in glee*

I saw your original post by the way :P
#214447 by AlucardXIX
Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:31 pm
:?

Man, that is seriously dickheaded of Century Media to do.

But be assured my friend, I guarantee that everyone who frequents this forum will purchase at least one copy of the album from you. I know I will.
#214448 by UncleCthulhu
Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:32 pm
AlucardXIX wrote::?

Man, that is seriously dickheaded of Century Media to do.

But be assured my friend, I guarantee that everyone who frequents this forum will purchase at least one copy of the album from you. I know I will.

I've already budgeted for Addicted, Deconstruction, the 4th album and the box set :)
#214449 by Tortiss
Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:34 pm
I'm like half sad because its leaking early, and half excited for the leak. I've never felt remorse for an artist. I love you dev.
#214453 by Ageia
Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:52 pm
how do i get my hands on one?

calgary canada baby

edit: also since everyone is gonna be hyped to hell on the music, will you put up a preorder soon?
Last edited by Ageia on Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#214454 by Anesthetize
Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:54 pm
I'm buying 3 copies.
#214455 by trilog1
Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:08 pm
My day just got a fuckload better. Wonder how long it'll take to leak, but I am SO buying like 5 copies.
#214456 by Liquid
Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:11 pm
Is InsideOut going to send out any promo copies? Because I actually think I'm on that list. I've gotten digital copies (well, it can't be perfect) of Shadow Gallery's Digital Ghosts (brilliant album, by the way--keep your heads up for this one) and Redemption's Snowfall on Judgment Day. Part of me is very seriously hoping for a shot at being an early reviewer for Addicted or even more exciting for the new Transatlantic (no offense, Dev, but Transatlantic is a big deal).
#214457 by NFF
Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:12 pm
i'v been saveing my last $20 in my paypal for the day that dev puts up the addicted pre-order many chances to spend it but i have held back for it. definately cant wait for the preo.
#214462 by chiller
Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:27 pm
The Dev wrote:So it's funny, I just gotta say...

The record industry cries and moans about downloading...labels going broke, it's the 'death of the industry'...musicians weep on their forums about the sins of taking food from their kids mouths yaddayadda...

So I get a mail today, saying that the label is sending 1000 unwatermarked promo's out tommorow.

...it's just funny. It's hard to take the complaints of labels seriously when that sort of thing happens.

They think it's a good record and that people will support it, and I truly appreciate that vote of confidence. I love Century Media, and I respect them.

Enjoy Addicted!

Woot! I mean uhh... that sucks.

I definitely plan on enjoying it. I still buy it too. :alien:

Just give us a heads up on when we can pre-order an autographed copy. I don't want to miss out on that.
#214466 by ScottMcTony
Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:45 pm
Tortiss wrote:I'm like half sad because its leaking early, and half excited for the leak. I've never felt remorse for an artist. I love you dev.

This. Since the last time I posted about downloading leaks, circumstance has caused my ability to hold off to decrease.
And I'm only budgeting for the box set, but that's still at least one copy, right? Throw in the already purchased copy of Ki and I suppose that's dandy.
#214467 by Dewy
Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:45 pm
chiller wrote:
The Dev wrote:So it's funny, I just gotta say...

Enjoy Addicted!

Woot! I mean uhh... that sucks.

Just give us a heads up on when we can pre-order an autographed copy. I don't want to miss out on that.

Its what I did with Ki, and what I'll do with the next 3 albums.
#214470 by chiller
Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:57 pm
Dewy wrote:
chiller wrote:Woot! I mean uhh... that sucks.

Its what I did with Ki, and what I'll do with the next 3 albums.

I've been downloading the leaks since Synchestra. I've bought all the albums later too. I actually bought Synchestra twice since my first copy was stolen. That really sucked since it was the digipak version.
#214474 by Octillus
Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:19 pm
1,000 unwatermarked copies?

That's a lot, dude.

I wonder how hardcore they're going to promote you.