Hey! You're awake!
#214817 by Naz
Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:04 pm
Well, I'm probably going to find the leak as soon as it comes out with my skills, but as another stated, I'm saving for the box set. Surprisingly, despite having once owned a copy of every album barring the "IH8" demo, they've all been stolen, to the last. Still, not a soul is going to borrow my box set when I get it, and I'm re-buying Synchestra for "Safe Zone", as I'd rather have the DVD itself than a rip due to quality issues. This being said, having spent my money, I don't feel bad downloading stuff I've already paid for, not forgetting this:

#214840 by flood_of_rain
Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:48 pm
it seems kinda odd, sometimes the record companies like to shoot themselves in the foot, im sure there would be more secure ways to promote the album :shock:
But regardless of that, who would not want to buy Addicted? its not to often you find music that can literally blow you away, it may only be music, but theres something pretty awesome about it, than can really reach into people and uplift them.
i hope you get a chance to visit us in Australia during your new tour, i got a chance to meet you when SYL was here in 03, but sadly didnt get the opportunity to go to the show, I've always wanted to experience your solo work, especially. so fingers crossed 8)
#214841 by ScottMcTony
Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:50 pm
flood_of_rain wrote:Its not to often you find music that can literally blow you away

Man I have never found music that could literally blow me away. Maybe I need bigger speakers or something.
#214844 by TheMightyRaptor
Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:04 pm
I'll be looking for a leak, just for the fact that I can not wait to hear this album. When I read the news I was debating whether to wait or get a leak. But you can count on me buying the box set. Whenever you decide to put a link for pre-orders up, Dev!

Also- the teaser is amazing. Blows me away!
Last edited by TheMightyRaptor on Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#214845 by flood_of_rain
Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:04 pm
ScottMcTony wrote:
flood_of_rain wrote:Its not to often you find music that can literally blow you away

Man I have never found music that could literally blow me away. Maybe I need bigger speakers or something.

:lol:
ok, not the best choice of words. the music brings me to a state of mild euphoric pleasure :poet:
#214853 by Chasezas
Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:27 pm
A leak is inevitable, but it just shows how excited we are to hear it! People will do anything to hear it as soon as possible, but I'm sure if they like it, they'll buy it. There are plenty of statistics that support it. I'm not gonna lie, I downloaded the leaked Ki and will probably download the leaked Addicted and so on, but I know I'll buy them.
#214855 by cri6
Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:31 pm
Hey guys!

I'm here after a long and intense day, feeling stressed and I come across the Addicted teaser??? Tears just popped! It's like Dev pressed the Release button. What an energy, what a release! Anneke's an angel and I love you both. ...every day's a new day, hurray for love!!! I see myself driving and listening to the album loud... dangerous! THANK YOU!

Can you, please Dev, tell me if there's hope for us, here in Chile, to welcome you and attend your show?

You rock, seriously, with humor...

Cristian
#214861 by croomekid
Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:09 pm
As I did for Ki, I will wait no matter how long your DISTRIBUTOR will be delayed*, and purchase it, without succumbing to the leak.

*long story short, I had to call HMV every day after the expected arrival of Ki, receiving a different answer everytime, until about a week later I FINALLY I got my copy.
man, did it feel good to wait and receive, although it killed me slowly.
#214905 by trilog1
Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:40 am
Still no leak yet so looks like it might not leak for a while after all ;)

I gotta stop listening to the teaser though
#214912 by mushroom
Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:25 am
That's cool to hear, i'm in, i could be an hypocrite 'cause i know i'll download it in the end, but, what bothers me is the fact that someone leak the album so early screwing the bald's work, and despite the fact the album will sell fine, there's no honour leaking an abum that is delivered to you with confidence, no matter how random person you are and if you don't care the Devin's music, is just for respect, they should respect even that he is a one of the few artist that releases 2 albums in one year! and good ones, not just extended 12 minute fart sound sold as "ambient" music
#214943 by Wander
Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 am
trilog1 wrote:Still no leak yet so looks like it might not leak for a while after all ;)

It's gonna take atleast a couple of days in any case, so we'll see..

As a fan of complex music, to be honest, I am NOT expecting this to be my favourite Devin Townsend album, but I'm still quite looking forward to it. Almost everything I've heard so far has been great and nothing's been bad. I can even take the "Bend it Like Bender!" sample on the teaser and I'm not a huge fan of dance music (which it sounds like). :D
#214946 by Drumdude13
Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:10 am
Plain and simple folks.

If promo copies are being released, especially 1000 of them, it'll be leaked, it's inevitable. Download it like Dev said, enjoy it and when November 17th, 2009 rolls around BUY a copy of the record. When Dev tours, come to the show, buy a T-shirt. It's all been said before. The only way the music machine can keep rolling is from the support you guys give Dev thru record sales, touring shows and Merch sales.... it's a fact. It all goes hand in hand. If there are no record sales then there are no tours, no tours = no merch and so on until the artist is gone from the mainstream and pretty much done.

There's my 2 cents worth. I know how this industry works from being in it for a while now. The thing that Dev has on his side is you guys. The loyalty is pretty incredible from his fans. So in the end, enjoy the download, it's inevitable.... buy the CD when it comes out and support Dev and things will only get better.... oh yeah, another reason to buy this CD in particular is for the artwork! Holy Shit!!!! It has to be one of the best CD REPLACEs I've seen put together for anything Dev has done. Pretty sick!

Rant over.

You guys rule, like I always say... I mean it.

Best,

RVP
#214947 by mushroom
Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:14 am
Drumdude13 wrote: oh yeah, another reason to buy this CD in particular is for the artwork! Holy Shit!!!! It has to be one of the best CD REPLACEs I've seen put together for anything Dev has done. Pretty sick!

I love you dude (for your work, don't get me wrong) but for knowing that, i envy you and hate you
#214949 by trilog1
Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:15 am
Drumdude13 wrote:Plain and simple folks.

If promo copies are being released, especially 1000 of them, it'll be leaked, it's inevitable. Download it like Dev said, enjoy it and when November 17th, 2009 rolls around BUY a copy of the record. When Dev tours, come to the show, buy a T-shirt. It's all been said before. The only way the music machine can keep rolling is from the support you guys give Dev thru record sales, touring shows and Merch sales.... it's a fact. It all goes hand in hand. If there are no record sales then there are no tours, no tours = no merch and so on until the artist is gone from the mainstream and pretty much done.

There's my 2 cents worth. I know how this industry works from being in it for a while now. The thing that Dev has on his side is you guys. The loyalty is pretty incredible from his fans. So in the end, enjoy the download, it's inevitable.... buy the CD when it comes out and support Dev and things will only get better.... oh yeah, another reason to buy this CD in particular is for the artwork! Holy Shit!!!! It has to be one of the best CD REPLACEs I've seen put together for anything Dev has done. Pretty sick!

Rant over.

You guys rule, like I always say... I mean it.

Best,

RVP

You and Dev are kickass musicians. Not only do you fucking rock at your instruments and songwriting, but your views on this whole stuff is... well, awesome! :)

And yeah I know it'll take a few days to leak most likely, but hence why I said "for a while" ;).

Bring on Addicted! I can't wait to hold a physical copy.
#214956 by Biert
Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:09 am
Drumdude13 wrote: oh yeah, another reason to buy this CD in particular is for the artwork! Holy Shit!!!! It has to be one of the best CD REPLACEs I've seen put together for anything Dev has done. Pretty sick!

It'll have to be pretty amazing because the cover is rrrreally bad. I'm still hoping that the chewed crayons are a joke.