Hey! You're awake!
#214960 by trilog1
Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:16 am
wtf? The cover is amazing. It has more of a meaning than just "chewed crayons."
#214969 by i4mt3hwin
Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:31 pm
Biert wrote:
Drumdude13 wrote: oh yeah, another reason to buy this CD in particular is for the artwork! Holy Shit!!!! It has to be one of the best CD REPLACEs I've seen put together for anything Dev has done. Pretty sick!

It'll have to be pretty amazing because the cover is rrrreally bad. I'm still hoping that the chewed crayons are a joke.

The cover looks fine.

I can't wait for this album to come out. I actually found Devin through downloading music - I saw the video on youtube of him doing the Soilwork record - downloaded a couple albums and was impressed. Since then I bought Ki and two T-Shirts from the merch store. I also plan on buying Addicted, though I'll definitely download it as soon as possible. Some day I'll probably go back and the older records that I've downloaded. Maybe they can just do a collection set "Devin Townsend" with all his solo/DTB/DTP stuff. I'd definitely be down for buying that. Could come with some cool artwork/dvd or something.

Deconstructed sounds like it will be good album as well. Give me something to rock out too for a couple months.
#214973 by croomekid
Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:39 pm
trilog1 wrote:wtf? The cover is amazing. It has more of a meaning than just "chewed crayons."

Maybe not meaning, as Devin probably just thinks it looks sweet, or ties to the music well.
anyway I thought it looks real cool; not everything Devin does is "METAL, FUCK YEAH"
#214990 by TallNerdGuy
Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:49 pm
croomekid wrote:
trilog1 wrote:wtf? The cover is amazing. It has more of a meaning than just "chewed crayons."

Maybe not meaning, as Devin probably just thinks it looks sweet, or ties to the music well.
anyway I thought it looks real cool; not everything Devin does is "METAL, FUCK YEAH"

I know that if I walk through the metal section at a music store, the album covers that jump out aren't the ones with a ton of grunge Photoshop brushes, blood, monsters, and guttural fonts...its the simple, less-is-more designs. And, as an added bonus, the Addicted cover actually stands for something, so its not just a flashy image for the sake of being eye-catching. Will its meaning soar over the heads of many onlookers? Definitely, but the fact that the symbolism of those crayons and colors exists right on the very cover of the album (the first thing that everyone will see when picking up the CD) makes it a very bold, thought-provoking image that will undoubted cause people to stop and wonder if maybe there is more to the image than just some childhood writing utensils? It would appear that, like I believe The Dev said of Addicted (correct me if I'm wrong), there is more to it than what is taken from it at first glance. At first, both the art and the music are fairly straight-forward...easy to pick up and be like "FUCK YEAH!" But a second look might render a deeper thought, possibly something stemming from the theme of the collective 4-part series (or possibly beyond that?!).

Thats my take on it, at least. True or not, its still better than some Dragonforce-style cover art.
#214999 by Wander
Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:28 am
Come on... The cover art rules!

I've seen some awful cover arts and I can tell you, Addicted isn't one of them.
#215001 by BrunoN
Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:06 am
I expect to have a pack of crayons and coloring book ("color your world", "colour the speedos" etc) with limited edition.
#215017 by Piru
Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:01 am
Yeah, I'm definitely going to download this. I'll buy it too but I need some good vibes to balance this autumn. It's dark most of the season and the amount of snow is going smaller and smaller every year (means more darkness).
#215087 by croomekid
Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:22 pm
TallNerdGuy wrote:It would appear that, like I believe The Dev said of Addicted (correct me if I'm wrong), there is more to it than what is taken from it at first glance. At first, both the art and the music are fairly straight-forward...easy to pick up and be like "FUCK YEAH!" But a second look might render a deeper thought, possibly something stemming from the theme of the collective 4-part series (or possibly beyond that?!).

Thats my take on it, at least. True or not, its still better than some Dragonforce-style cover art.

Good call on that one. :D
#215092 by Devy, spelled Devy!
Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:33 pm
Fuck a leak!
I'm just glad Addicted has really come together and Devin's happy with it! That's what gets me jazzed!
#215099 by mushroom
Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:03 pm
Devy, spelled Devy! wrote:Fuck a leak!
I'm just glad Addicted has really come together and Devin's happy with it! That's what gets me jazzed!

It was already leaked?
#215100 by djskrimp
Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:09 pm
mushroom wrote:
Devy, spelled Devy! wrote:Fuck a leak!

It was already leaked?

No, I think if it were, the sentence would read:

Fuck, a leak!

"Fuck a leak" means that when it does leak, that's it's fucked.

Or, maybe I'm just employing too much grammar focus?
#215104 by mushroom
Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:18 pm
i thought it was the opposite, if he said "fuck, a leak!" to me means that he already found a leak and express his dislike
#215105 by trilog1
Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:45 pm
haha no he is basically saying "screw a leak, I'm just happy Addicted is complete"

there is no leak.
#215106 by OutsideofNight
Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:01 pm
LEAK?!?!?!? WHERE!??!!?

I detect a meme starting...lulz.
#215107 by croomekid
Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:07 pm
Eh, I'm not too stoked on the leak, I won't download it anyway.
I'll feel dirty if I listen to it before I buy it.
besides, I've got the ride home with it in the CD player to look forward to.
:D