Hey! You're awake!
#225284 by Rahovart
Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:25 am
So before I go any further, I should explain that right now I'm pretty ill and have been falling in and out of broken sleep...but in my longest snooze last night I had a dream. My preorder arrived....except there were a few problems.

1) The poster had been replaced by reems of paperwork that I had to fill out for no apparent reason
2) The T-shirt had been replaced with a Portsmouth FC home shirt with a comical picture of Dev ironed onto the front
3) The CD itself didn't actually contain any of Addicted, but instead a random compilation of tracks by other artists. ABBA was one, I believe.

Gotta love delirious sick dreams.
#225581 by MPF
Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:51 pm
Just got it in the Mail just now!!!

T shirt, album, poster...but no autograph. It says in my shipment and billing statement that it was the autographed package but alas, there is none. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I don't suppose there is anything I can do about it is there?

I guess I'll just have to wait till I see Devin live in MN and get him to sign it there.
#225583 by Robert23
Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:01 pm
Just got my pre-order. So, is Bend It Like Bender! really the next single? Digging the artwork; very playful, kind of like "Bend It Like Bender!" and the beginning of "Awake!". But that's just me. This CD will be spinning long into the night, but first, jamming with a friend.

Also, my school will tomorrow get its first glimpse ever of a DT ad, in the form of a shirt
. :lol:
#225631 by Biert
Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:04 pm
MPF wrote:Just got it in the Mail just now!!!

T shirt, album, poster...but no autograph. It says in my shipment and billing statement that it was the autographed package but alas, there is none. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I guess I'll just have to wait till I see Devin live in MN and get him to sign it there.

Check the envelope again. It seems that everyone got the album, shrink-wrapped and non-autographed, as well as an extra booklet with autograph. Maybe you just missed it in your enthusiasm?
#225647 by MPF
Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:21 pm
Biert wrote:

Check the envelope again. It seems that everyone got the album, shrink-wrapped and non-autographed, as well as an extra booklet with autograph. Maybe you just missed it in your enthusiasm?

Just checked over the entire envelope packaging, the inside of the album case and the 20ft radius of where I opened it. Nothing. just the Shirt, Poster, CD, and receipt.

I love the album to death. The poster will be hung up soon, and I'm wearing the shirt right now, but there is no additional copy of the booklet. Just the one in the case in the shrink wrap.

I did notice that my order was a dollar less then it was originally ordered as. My conformation message said it was $30. but my receipt said $29. Would that have anything to do with it?
#225705 by The Fonz
Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:13 am
Gah. Second night where I dreamed that my copy had arrived.
Anyone from the UK got theirs yet?
#225749 by Rahovart
Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:59 am
The Fonz wrote:Gah. Second night where I dreamed that my copy had arrived.
Anyone from the UK got theirs yet?

Yeah mine dropped through the letterbox yesterday. Wearing my T-shirt now, and I must say its pretty good quality! Oh yeah, and the CD is rather nice too.
#225783 by Biert
Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:22 pm
MPF wrote:
Biert wrote:

Just checked over the entire envelope packaging, the inside of the album case and the 20ft radius of where I opened it. Nothing. just the Shirt, Poster, CD, and receipt.

Are you sure you ordered it in the autographed pre-order period and not after the autographed period had ended?
#225856 by Omegon
Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:16 pm
I am in the same shape. I ordered it to have an autographed copy and it did not have one. I checked the receipt and it said "(autographed CD + CD Poster)," but after double checking the package the second booklet was not included.

I'm f-ing pissed. I barely had enough money to pay for the CD much less be able to afford the cash and time to see Devin live (which really hurts because he's with Cynic and they are two of the very few groups I want to see live).

Even with cheap tickets the price to get myself to the nearest local (Chicago) is ridiculous, so I jumped at the chance to get a signed copy. Now I spent an extra $6 for a poster I have little use for and a copy that will more than likely never be signed.
#225874 by Shub
Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:12 am
Still waiting on my UK one, anyone who has got it, was it delivered by the Royal Mail or a courier? Cause we get our mail early so it's fine cause everyone in the flat is in, but if it's a courier after 9am till 6pm there is rarely anyone in the flat...
#225875 by The Fonz
Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:21 am
I think people have said that it comes through Royal Mail. If you have the CD only package they just slide it through the letter box.
Still waiting on mine. :x
#225876 by Pierced Brosnan
Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:42 am
Omegon wrote:I am in the same shape. I ordered it to have an autographed copy and it did not have one. I checked the receipt and it said "(autographed CD + CD Poster)," but after double checking the package the second booklet was not included.

I'm f-ing pissed. I barely had enough money to pay for the CD much less be able to afford the cash and time to see Devin live (which really hurts because he's with Cynic and they are two of the very few groups I want to see live).

Even with cheap tickets the price to get myself to the nearest local (Chicago) is ridiculous, so I jumped at the chance to get a signed copy. Now I spent an extra $6 for a poster I have little use for and a copy that will more than likely never be signed.

Try emailing CM, from what I gather their customer service is good, maybe they can sort something out. You're entitled to an autographed book if you were promised one. I've emailed them twice and they've replied quickly both times, good luck!

Still waiting for mine :(.
#225877 by Carpathian Psychonaut
Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:09 am
Well, the cd has been on the shelves of HMV in town for a week and there's still nothing through my letterbox. I'm now away for a week so I'll travel without the cd as hoped AND I'll have to go to the sorting office when I get home to hope the posties haven't lost it while returning it to the depot. Not only that but I'm now worried I'll be waiting for an unsigned cd or a jacket with letters falling off. It's no wonder people download leaks etc.

Album great, Dev excellent as ever, whole pre-order thing very poor.