Hey! You're awake!
#219122 by illphill
Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:00 am
you dont have to pay customs charges in the eu if the price (including shipping) is under 150€uros. just ordered the hoodir+ t-shirt package. i´ll give the second cd to my brother.
#219129 by grrrv
Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:27 am
illphill wrote:you dont have to pay customs charges in the eu if the price (including shipping) is under 150€uros. just ordered the hoodir+ t-shirt package. i´ll give the second cd to my brother.

Hmm. Yeah, ok, I guess I used the wrong words: what I was talking about is VAT. And the limit for that (in Finland) is 45.45€ (including shipping).
#219147 by Mojovision
Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:22 am
finally got an uber package pre-ordered! i was abit scared my paypal account wouldnt be in order in time...also found and bought a copy of MIKAZUKI IN ROCK at a very reasonable price so finally ill have my very own lossless idom track...i hope the rest of the cd is just as good....
#219178 by illphill
Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:42 am
grrrv wrote:Hmm. Yeah, ok, I guess I used the wrong words: what I was talking about is VAT. And the limit for that (in Finland) is 45.45€ (including shipping).

ahh damn, you´re right. forgot about that. i´m pretty sure i´m over the amount for germany as well... :roll:

...but it´s the ÜBER package :mrgreen: so fuck it, it´s worth it anyway..
#219231 by Mulzi
Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:36 pm
grrrv wrote:Hmm. Yeah, ok, I guess I used the wrong words: what I was talking about is VAT. And the limit for that (in Finland) is 45.45€ (including shipping).

1 euro over the limit! So annoying! I actually counted that it's within cents..

Though. there's a chance if the EUR-USD currency rate keeps the trend.. We'll only need to wish for dollar to slide to a 1.519 conversion (current avg. 1.4918) rate at the time when the package arrives in Finnish customs to reach that 45.45€ limit hehe
#219306 by Wander
Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:50 am
I got paypal working and verified and fcukcing everything and got the T shirt bundle ordered! I'm ffffing happy!

WHEE!!

(I have TONS of hoodies already and that's pretty much why I didn't go for the $50 package.)
#219492 by FeelGood
Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:04 am
grrrv wrote:
illphill wrote:you dont have to pay customs charges in the eu if the price (including shipping) is under 150€uros. just ordered the hoodir+ t-shirt package. i´ll give the second cd to my brother.

Hmm. Yeah, ok, I guess I used the wrong words: what I was talking about is VAT. And the limit for that (in Finland) is 45.45€ (including shipping).

Yes, in Finland you have to pay 22% of the price for VAT and 2,5% for custom charges.

I live in Finland and ordered the Über package and I don't give a damn if I have to pay for extra because it is real good price for which they are sold in CM.

About the shipping cost NOT included in the value is BS. I have visited customs several times in the last few years and told them about this but they don't even know about it. :|

So 25,5% will be charged from $69 (hoodie package including shipping) price tag.
#219691 by ferocitas
Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:33 pm
Yeah, ordered the hoodie package. VAT is ridiculous here (Finland), and I do give a damn. Postal charges here are ridiculous, taxes are ridiculous, prices overall are ridiculous. 22% for a lowly limit of 45,45e SHEESH. Finland never ceases to amaze me this way and we keep on sucking it down...
#219693 by ferocitas
Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:38 pm
Oh yeah, must make a separate post for this. Thanks for the superb customer service ie. the European solution. You don't see this everyday, if at all, in most places.
#219813 by Biert
Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:19 am
Beware the VAT, people :)

Was I the first to make that joke?
#219833 by Fjar
Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:14 pm
Billy Rhomboid wrote:Does anyone want my poster btw? I really have no use for it and it will only get destroyed by the children if I leave it around the house.
Would prefer it went to someone who will enjoy it. Will post on in the UK or Europe.

Are you sure? How much would you want for it? It'd be nice to have a little something from the big, spangly release, seeing as I'm such a poor student unable to buy any of the packages..
#219835 by Billy Rhomboid
Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:22 pm
Fjar wrote:
Billy Rhomboid wrote:Does anyone want my poster btw? I really have no use for it and it will only get destroyed by the children if I leave it around the house.
Would prefer it went to someone who will enjoy it. Will post on in the UK or Europe.

Are you sure? How much would you want for it? It'd be nice to have a little something from the big, spangly release, seeing as I'm such a poor student unable to buy any of the packages..

Nothing at all. Gratis, free and fer nothing. I have no need of it. Happy for someone to have it who'll enjoy it.
#219837 by islandsinthesky
Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:24 pm
Although if you have any chickens or pigs you could spare, I'm sure he'd be happy to take one.