Hey! You're awake!
#217023 by Darklight
Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:04 am
yeah, i got the same mail. guess i'll just have to wait til the 17th and hope the hoodie package is still available

neillyb wrote:I just got this email...

Hi Neil,

Sorry to do this, but due to the overwhelming demand for the Devin Townsend pre-order, we are no longer taking manual orders via email. Please visit http://www.cmdistro.com on 10/17/2009 to place your order with Paypal. If you order by 10/25/2009 you are guaranteed a bundle.

Sorry for any inconvenience. If you have any questions please let us know and we’ll be glad to help out.

Thank you,

CM Distro

How am I supposed to get it now? Is the paypal thing working for European troops through the website now? Fuuuuuuck.
#217025 by emreis
Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:33 am
Well, but I don't understand, why they open the Paypal deal for the rest of the world later. Sure, we have to accept their rules, but I just don't get it why...are there some difficulties with accepting Paypal from other countries? Then how come it is not a problem in merely two weeks later...mostly, when they do such a special thing, like the hand drawn picture/cover/whatever. I was soooo hoping to get one for my brother for Christmas...well...the music is what's the deal in here, and this will remain GREAT! And the album looks so positive, that it would wash away all the bad memories...still...was a great fun just waiting together with all the people around here.
#217030 by Carpathian Psychonaut
Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:46 am
Sorry to do this, but due to the overwhelming demand for the Devin Townsend pre-order.........

I get the feeling a few people at CM had distinctly underestimated just how much love there would be for their first go at a solo Dev pre-order. There must be a suit a bit higher up the tree than Very Helpful Andrew From CM who, even now, is looking at graphs showing sales spikes and he's scratching his head in happy puzzlement.

You hear Dev's music => you love Dev's music => you want Dev's music

Nothing mysterious in that sales equation to me!
#217031 by mfh666
Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:51 am
Stunning job helping me get my order through, thanks so much Dev and CM, got both a t-shirt and hoodie package, well, just had to.
#217062 by Mulzi
Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:54 pm
powercozmic wrote:fucky fux. Have to wait till 17th... I NEED Devin's drawing, addicted and that hoodie!!

Dude, you're gonna get it if you order it in the timeframe stated in the mail from CM. It's just a pre-order :) I got the same response. I didn't think it was a bummer because they guarantee I'll get the bundle eventually and at the sametime as everybody else.

Hooray hey! Album is selling very well then. I just hope and wish Devin won't get too much time consuming painting tasks because of the huge demand for them :dead: :) Chill dude, we may not be patient but we sure are understanding.
#217069 by Lettuce
Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:19 pm
I was just about to email! Checked this thread first though 8)

I wanted the hoodie package just because I want a new hoodie (I have tonnes, but only three zippy ones, one is a 4 year old Breed77 one that has been worn nearly every single day for 4 years, and the other two are paper thin Camden market jobs), I didn't even see the Dev drawing bit at first...but even without it it's very good value :D

Digits crossed we all get our stuff without a hiccup! :D
#217076 by JuZ
Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:30 pm
I just awoke to find the same email... no more email orders. So I've effectively missed out on the hoodie/hand-drawn pack. :oops:

No choice but to go for the t-shirt pack on the 17th, which is still pretty cool despite my drawers absolutely overflowing with t-shirts! I have a feeling this t-shirt will get a little more use than some others.

Well, I'm starting work late today so I can hopefully snag two tickets at 9am for the Melbourne Big Day Out - Mastodon, Muse, Peaches and quite a few other acts I'm pretty keen on. Poor old credit card's going to get quite a work out!
#217097 by Devymetalnut
Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:13 pm
mfh666 wrote:Stunning job helping me get my order through, thanks so much Dev and CM, got both a t-shirt and hoodie package, well, just had to.

Hey mfh666 its good to see a fellow Brit from cornwall on the forums! Whereabout are you from mate? Its a small world as far as Devy fans are concerned, I got me, my bro ad a mate the 3rd deal with hoodies, can't wait till the 17th nov! 8)
#217130 by FUBAR
Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:06 pm
Devymetalnut wrote:
mfh666 wrote:Stunning job helping me get my order through, thanks so much Dev and CM, got both a t-shirt and hoodie package, well, just had to.

Hey mfh666 its good to see a fellow Brit from cornwall on the forums! Whereabout are you from mate? Its a small world as far as Devy fans are concerned, I got me, my bro ad a mate the 3rd deal with hoodies, can't wait till the 17th nov! 8)

It's a pretty big gap between pre-order and release so hopefully we'll get it a little sooner than that...maybe :)
#217142 by SubZeroCK
Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:24 pm
Devymetalnut wrote:

Cornishman here as well!
#217195 by kettle
Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:14 pm
neuronaut wrote:darn... I don't use PayPal... what is the problem with european VISA or Mastercard?

exactly, I thought their business was selling records.
#217209 by Dr.Mosh
Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:07 am
I got the email too and honestly, what is the deal with not accepting credit cards from anywhere? Isn't that one of the points of credit cards that they can be used worldwide? I don't get it. :roll:
I do use paypal, so I am ok with this one but it still puzzles me.

Having to wait until a specific day to order sounds pretty dumb to me too. I'm sure they are great guys over at cm, but this is going to lose them business
#217210 by Carpathian Psychonaut
Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:20 am
Dr.Mosh wrote:I got the email too and honestly, what is the deal with not accepting credit cards from anywhere? Isn't that one of the points of credit cards that they can be used worldwide? I don't get it. :roll:

I think it's very much a situation of two sides.

a) They have been very helpful in trying their best to do what they could to aid the situation along. They've got a bit overwhelmed and had to pause it for now but at least they did that period of email orders to help to some extent. They've also now made a guarantee for a period coming up so Dev fans around the world know that an order at a certain time will still get them exactly what they want. It's more than some sites would have done in the situation and as frustrating as it has been for many we have to recognise this part of things. It's only fair to applaud the good if we're also going to knock the bad.

b) The initial shop rules regarding cards, PayPal and treating non-USA people as probable fraudsters is horribly out of date and was how online shops were back in their infancy about 5 years ago. They really need to move it up, offer both methods of payment from day one for everywhere to be fair to everybody and gain themselves more orders (and applause) into the bargain.

That's all it is really - they made a bit of a screw up but they tried to help. Life goes on.

{shrugs}
#217211 by filthmammoth
Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:04 am
Carpathian Psychonaut wrote:
b) The initial shop rules regarding cards, PayPal and treating non-USA people as probable fraudsters is horribly out of date and was how online shops were back in their infancy about 5 years ago. They really need to move it up, offer both methods of payment from day one for everywhere to be fair to everybody and gain themselves more orders (and applause) into the bargain.

This has become more common in the last couple of months.

Two stores in the US have made me ring them to confirm that I am who I say I am..... I am not sure what a phone call proves on top of the original order but whatever.