Hey! You're awake!
#219055 by Aden
Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:27 pm
Leechmaster wrote:YES.

Probably. I'm expecting it anyway.

http://www.cmdistro.com/FAQ
Shipping & Handling wrote:Can you mark your customs form as "Gift" or "Commercial Sample" to avoid Customs fees?

No! All orders are sent as “merchandise.” If you live outside the U.S., please be aware of additional Custom fees and taxes that may apply to your shipment.

Maaaaaan this is gonna cost A LOT isn't it.

I was charged a £15 customs charge for some perfume that got sent from the USA once... I wonder how much it'll be for this bunch.

I'd be happy if it was all going to Dev and Co. But 50+ percent of what i'll be paying will be going to shipping costs and customs. I'm not doing so well for money either right now. :sad:

Me no know what to do.

Though, it'd suck missing out on this.
#219094 by Fjar
Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:46 am
Aden wrote:Maaaaaan this is gonna cost A LOT isn't it.

I was charged a £15 customs charge for some perfume that got sent from the USA once... I wonder how much it'll be for this bunch.

I'd be happy if it was all going to Dev and Co. But 50+ percent of what i'll be paying will be going to shipping costs and customs. I'm not doing so well for money either right now. :sad:

Me no know what to do.

Though, it'd suck missing out on this.

Same here, exactly the same. It's really sad.
#219146 by Leechmaster
Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:20 am
They'll probably be nasty, but I looked at it in an overall price comparison sense. There's no way you'd get a hoodie alone in this country for under €50 or €60, and the CD'd be another €20 on top of that easy. So that pretty much made up my mind when the customs ditty loomed its head. Also fanboy but shhhhh about that. Anyway, I'll only really rage if it's €50+ on the Customs and Import Duty, and I'm reeeeeally hoping it won't be. I think it'll be about €15 to €20, but my maths and trying to figure out TARIC are fail. :lol:
#219383 by Blazingmonga
Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:45 am
Senza wrote:Did anyone else have problems with CMDistro not displaying their correct address after doing the Paypal bit? - http://www.hevydevyforums.com/forums/vi ... 05#p219149

Yeah, it seemed to miss some of my address info, even though it was correct on their website. I emailed them to confirm my address and they seemed happy enough with that. It was only the delivery address that was messed up, not the billing one (though they are the same).
#219443 by niklang
Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:48 pm
I have had mixed experiences with customs from stuff from the US to me in the UK.
I bought Crack the Skye special edition with this Lithograph thing so it was a big 'ol box and got spanked with tax.
I have got other stuff of equal value though and not got charged. Luck of the draw?

I just got a Converge TShirt and CD through from the US. They put the value on the front as $5 for each :-) No customs paid. I paid way more than that. Punk mentality, stickin it to the man!

But overall the Addicted hoodie package is gonna be a good deal even with customs charges.
#219828 by Love of Socks
Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:59 am
Ifthis were through another vendor, I might not be hedging so much. I've had a ton of issues with CM Mailorder over the years. Things ranging from having my mailing address right on the invoice but changing the city name on the shipping label so it took an extra week to billing me for things they never shipped then ignoring me for a solid month "due to e-mail issues" before I got the card-issung bank involved.
#220067 by Metalviking
Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:21 pm
Just a quick noobie question, if i order the uber package is it too late to get devins hand drawn cover or is that guaranteed till the 25th?
Cant wait for this album!
#220291 by Air Cleaner
Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:44 am
I had a laptop HDD shipped from the states (worth like £40) and they tried charging me £20 customs AFTER they delivered it. All they had was my name (first and second name) and a postage address (didn't live there), so I didn't pay it. They never sent me an email or anything, so they can't have missed it that much.

Customs in the UK is total BS. Oh well, Australia is kind to me.
#220900 by FTB
Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:22 am
Hey guys sorry for the probably-stupid question, but where do you order the uber package? At the CMDistro site, just the CD and CD+shirt packages show up.
#220979 by Leechmaster
Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:27 am
You had to get in there before the 25th, I think. It was taken off the site on the 26th and hasn't reappeared yet, so far as I can see. I guess they had to limit that one in particular due to the hand-drawn cover. Devs hand would fall off if they just constantly kept it open to purchase until the release date...