Hey! You're awake!
#217321 by pastadude
Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:34 pm
I'm a fairly large fan of the game Rock Band. I'm a MUCH larger fan of Devin Townsend. I was playing RB today and realised that they have the Rock Band Network coming out, where artists submit their own songs and are put into the game. So I thought, why not Dev? He has the masters, dosen't have to give them to anyone, and could put in all of his works, or just one. No contract or obligations to add more songs or have a company play with the masters.

So, I figured I'd just make note of it... anyone else think this would be a good idea? Dev?

http://www.rockband.com/rock-band-network
#217440 by ricoetc
Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:40 am
I think rockband/guitar hero, whatever, should find away to just put in a CD, RIP it into a file however these games do it so that I can just rock out to Devin, Wildhearts and King's X (of course others).
#217450 by Wander
Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:30 am
ricoetc wrote:I think rockband/guitar hero, whatever, should find away to just put in a CD, RIP it into a file however these games do it so that I can just rock out to Devin, Wildhearts and King's X (of course others).

It doesn't work quite like that, cause someone has to make the charts to the songs. They can't be generated by some program.
#217519 by ScottMcTony
Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:07 pm
In a few years it's plausable that it could be possible to make a program that would auto-chart well enough. The funny bit is that the degree of soundscaping in the production would inversely affect the accuracy of the chart, making it unrealistic to imagine it working for any Devin release besides Ki anyway.
#217571 by Wander
Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:42 am
ScottMcTony wrote:In a few years it's plausable that it could be possible to make a program that would auto-chart well enough. The funny bit is that the degree of soundscaping in the production would inversely affect the accuracy of the chart, making it unrealistic to imagine it working for any Devin release besides Ki anyway.

Exactly. For the auto-charting to really work even in theory, separate master tracks would be required. And still, I don't think the quality would be the same as with current Rock band/GH track charts.
#218075 by ricoetc
Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:55 am
Can't I just Dream!!! lol

I know it's not really possible, but also the companies (Rockband and Guitar Hero) would lose so much money as well... But I'd love it lol
#236008 by Octillus
Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:47 pm
niklang wrote:From Dev's Twitter:

"Looks like there's a bunch of stuff going on Rock Band Network, thanks for the suggestions, and thanks Mike Mowery! ...I'll keep you posted."

Whoever this Mike Mowery is, they are my hero.
#236036 by TallNerdGuy
Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:44 am
Tortiss wrote:Oh man, I am so ready to belt out some Addicted tunes, the twitter post makes it sound like it's going up soon :D

It could either be read as "there are a bunch of his songs being added to the RBN right now," or read as Dev simply commenting "there are lots of songs from other bands being added to the RBN right now, and I'm considering doing so myself." But it definitely looks positive for us Dev/Rock Band fans, either way your look at it!