Hey! You're awake!
#226762 by Tree
Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:20 am
The Dev wrote:The intention of Addicted is not essentially to garner mainstream success ...(I'm nearing 40, bald, and look quite strikingly like a turtle sans shell) ...so the possibility of old Dev becoming a pop sensation is pretty slim...

These 4 records are a real statement for me, and the nature of Addicted is a big part of it.

Doing the next two records simultaneously...my goals for live shows are two fold:

1) The 'greatest show on earth'...all the material, with huge visuals of animals, nature, math, and humanity, reality and beauty and destruction, with a full choir of beautiful women, infinity, perfect representations of everything from Ziltoid and Deconstruction to Ocean Machine and Ki, played to perfection to thousands of people.

2) A small acoustic show that I play to very few people, unannounced at various nice places. (coffeeshops etc) songs like Coast, Ki, Terminal, Ghost etc...

Bring it all!! Acoustic show during the day and Massive mind blowing show at night
#226764 by Torbjørn
Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:47 am
The Dev wrote:The intention of Addicted is not essentially to garner mainstream success ...(I'm nearing 40, bald, and look quite strikingly like a turtle sans shell) ...so the possibility of old Dev becoming a pop sensation is pretty slim...

These 4 records are a real statement for me, and the nature of Addicted is a big part of it.

Doing the next two records simultaneously...my goals for live shows are two fold:

1) The 'greatest show on earth'...all the material, with huge visuals of animals, nature, math, and humanity, reality and beauty and destruction, with a full choir of beautiful women, infinity, perfect representations of everything from Ziltoid and Deconstruction to Ocean Machine and Ki, played to perfection to thousands of people.

2) A small acoustic show that I play to very few people, unannounced at various nice places. (coffeeshops etc) songs like Coast, Ki, Terminal, Ghost etc...

But Dana Carvey pulls off the turtle thing well, and everyone loves him! Plus, you would be a much better looking turtle dev :P

#226797 by swervedriver
Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:27 am
The Dev wrote:huge visuals of (...) math

I daresay that may very well be the realization of the nightmares of many.
#226837 by ontheupside
Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:55 pm

Do Lizotte's in Newcastle, Australia! They're always looking for international acts, it's a nice quiet atmosphere to watch great music while you eat dinner :)
The Cambridge Hotel is equally good for really loud and soft intimate acts, also.

God what I wouldn't give to see DTP there >.<
#226998 by guitardouche
Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:31 am
Torbjørn wrote:But Dana Carvey pulls off the turtle thing well, and everyone loves him! Plus, you would be a much better looking turtle dev :P

waaahaaaaa! That guys really IS a turtle! :lol:
Is this from a movie?
#227200 by BlueRaja
Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:51 pm
guitardouche wrote:
Torbjørn wrote:But Dana Carvey pulls off the turtle thing well, and everyone loves him! Plus, you would be a much better looking turtle dev :P

waaahaaaaa! That guys really IS a turtle! :lol:
Is this from a movie?

The Master of Disguise
#229608 by daneulephus
Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:41 am
Crazy. I figured this thread would be exploding considering the recent release and all.

I am purposely not listening to it much, so I can gauge where it stands so far on my TRUE list of faves. It's funny, because when an album first comes out, especially one of Dev's...I always get so giddy and feel like "OMFG BEST ALBUM EVER!!!!!", but what was really happening was probably the shock of hearing fresh classic Dev style music...

Now, in all honesty...it's great, but if I must compare with Ki....I think I like Ki better.

Maybe it's too early to tell.