Hey! You're awake!
#224711 by kikithehead
Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:56 pm
Liampie wrote:
hallelujah wrote:Am I the only one who thinks the piano/clean guitar line in InAh sounds a lot like coldplay?

No. It reminds me of The Day That Never Comes too. :oops:

The day that never comes, yeah...
#225027 by gozu
Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:55 pm
picked it up from work until my Uber package shows up,

freaking loving it. some of the easiest to listen to music he's ever done, which is no bad thing.

as much as Terria and City are my 2 favourite albums of all time. this is an album i've been waiting for. he combines all that was hinted at in fzzzzt and AE.

so happy :D this copy will be gifted to a friend when my uber shows up

seriously Dev, congrats on some of your finest work (and thats really saying something considering you've never done a less than excellent album IMHO)

satisfied beyond belief
#225079 by shredi knight
Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:06 pm
manofthefuture wrote:Does anyone else do the thing at the hyperdrive, you know, 'having made their way through space etc', just before that whacky laugh comes in?

Yeah, I keep expecting to hear it. :lol:

I also keep expecting to here the version of Dev's "scat" that he does at the end of the 'Nibz' (aka Supercrush!) youtube video - "Some Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!" (at least that's what I think he says).
#225096 by swervedriver
Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:39 am
JohnMatt wrote:So where does Deconstruction discussion go? There's no subforum yet.

Not that I'm in any rush to move on :D

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=8370

Have fun with the 914 replies so far.
#225192 by aphemia
Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:04 pm
I confess, I checked out the leaked tracks before receiving the cd through the post today. I just couldn't help myself. I was addicted...

But nothing could prepare me for how friggin' good this album sounds. It sounds unbelievable. Just so insanely well produced. It really is the best thing I've heard in at least 10 years +. Outstanding work.

Thank you Devin,

Frank
#225451 by JohnMatt
Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:46 pm
Oh, and hey, if Addicted is supposed to garner a lot of mainstream attention, maybe it should be on the front of HevyDevy.com/news/ instead of Ki.
:wink:
#226166 by niklang
Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:43 pm
I haven't listened to it for the last 3 weeks. I wanted to wait until my uber package came through to give it a fresh listen, thing is its not here yet and I really want to listen again!
I am gonna stay strong but Royal Mail are killing me here!
#226698 by daneulephus
Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:43 pm
niklang wrote:I haven't listened to it for the last 3 weeks. I wanted to wait until my uber package came through to give it a fresh listen, thing is its not here yet and I really want to listen again!
I am gonna stay strong but Royal Mail are killing me here!

Brave soul you are Nik.
#226735 by The Dev
Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:34 pm
The intention of Addicted is not essentially to garner mainstream success ...(I'm nearing 40, bald, and look quite strikingly like a turtle sans shell) ...so the possibility of old Dev becoming a pop sensation is pretty slim...

These 4 records are a real statement for me, and the nature of Addicted is a big part of it.

Doing the next two records simultaneously...my goals for live shows are two fold:

1) The 'greatest show on earth'...all the material, with huge visuals of animals, nature, math, and humanity, reality and beauty and destruction, with a full choir of beautiful women, infinity, perfect representations of everything from Ziltoid and Deconstruction to Ocean Machine and Ki, played to perfection to thousands of people.

2) A small acoustic show that I play to very few people, unannounced at various nice places. (coffeeshops etc) songs like Coast, Ki, Terminal, Ghost etc...
#226741 by Octillus
Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:14 pm
The Dev wrote:The intention of Addicted is not essentially to garner mainstream success ...(I'm nearing 40, bald, and look quite strikingly like a turtle sans shell) ...so the possibility of old Dev becoming a pop sensation is pretty slim...

These 4 records are a real statement for me, and the nature of Addicted is a big part of it.

Doing the next two records simultaneously...my goals for live shows are two fold:

1) The 'greatest show on earth'...all the material, with huge visuals of animals, nature, math, and humanity, reality and beauty and destruction, with a full choir of beautiful women, infinity, perfect representations of everything from Ziltoid and Deconstruction to Ocean Machine and Ki, played to perfection to thousands of people.

2) A small acoustic show that I play to very few people, unannounced at various nice places. (coffeeshops etc) songs like Coast, Ki, Terminal, Ghost etc...

Wonderful.
Do what feels right man.
#226748 by daneulephus
Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:56 am
The Dev wrote:The intention of Addicted is not essentially to garner mainstream success ...(I'm nearing 40, bald, and look quite strikingly like a turtle sans shell) ...so the possibility of old Dev becoming a pop sensation is pretty slim...

Boy, I don't know which one sounds better! Hmm...I take it this will be for after this first tour...