Hey! You're awake!
#223212 by blackout1881
Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:13 pm
I don't think it's fanboyism to love an album completely or even to love all the albums Devin has made.

It's good shit, he is incredibly consistent and this album is one of if not his best record.
#223218 by Maizzi
Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:19 am
Guuff wrote:
sundryan wrote:Has anyone noticed the subtle reference to Deadhead on The Way Home? Listen to 0:30 to 0:36 on The Way Home and compare it to about 3:00 to 3:08 on Deadhead. The very first time I heard The Way Home something was driving me nuts because I couldn't place where that 30-36 section came from.

Anyways, am I nuts? Was this done intentionally?

Intentional I would believe, it was the first thing I noticed as well....

yes! and the background melody that kicks in from 02.11 to 02.17 is like something straight of from Synchestra. cant recall the track right now.
#223232 by sheps999
Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:19 am
Supercrush, The Way Home and Resolve.

I've been wondering about the guitar bit in Universe In A Ball from 1:43 - 1:52. is it a a nod to SYL?

Stellar album, Dev ;)
#223477 by stuey1351
Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:22 pm
I've listened to the album all day after hearing it was leaked. I love it i must say. Favourite song so far is between 'The Way Home' & 'Supercrush'. I know its an attempt (and a brilliant one) at a pop style album, but my only beef is that the songs bar 'Numbered' & 'Souls Awake' are all 3-4 mins long, which was the intent so why am i complaining? I have no right to. 'The Way Home' could have been much longer, but hey its still pure brilliance. Cant wait for my Special edition hoody & hand drawn whats its face.

Peace & Unity
Stu
#223486 by Rossell
Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:50 pm
Here's one for you gentlemen.

Anyone here own a PS3 and Wipeout HD to boot? I'm sure the gamers among us know how its a revered name amongst clubbers and dance fans. Well this version lets you rip MP3s and put them into the game. You can see where I'm going, I mingled it with Addicted.

It works bloody brilliant I must add. Try it if you can.
#223513 by Robert23
Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:03 pm
Rossell wrote:Here's one for you gentlemen.

Anyone here own a PS3 and Wipeout HD to boot? I'm sure the gamers among us know how its a revered name amongst clubbers and dance fans. Well this version lets you rip MP3s and put them into the game. You can see where I'm going, I mingled it with Addicted.

It works bloody brilliant I must add. Try it if you can.

PS3, check. Wipeout HD is a wipeout, though.
#223661 by Nightshine
Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:48 pm
I have to remind myself to not make album reviews 2 days after I get an album, for now at this point in time, I've found tons of "flaws" in Addicted (no offense to Devin). It's a great album regardless, but with each remark on how "great" it is only makes me discover something else.
#223668 by gurp13
Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:25 pm
Nightshine wrote:I have to remind myself to not make album reviews 2 days after I get an album, for now at this point in time, I've found tons of "flaws" in Addicted (no offense to Devin). It's a great album regardless, but with each remark on how "great" it is only makes me discover something else.

That's odd to me. I guess you'll probably call me a fanboy, but I've listened to it 38 times (as my iTunes notes) and I keep enjoying it more.

I'm just curious, too. What's a "flaw" in a piece of art? I mean, it's not as if Devin is missing notes or the rhythms are off or something. Are these something objective, or just things you don't like? I could understand if there was something wrong, a mistake, bad edits or something. But, I'm not hearing it. All I hear each time is a new layer, something I missed before, or something that becomes more clear. Like at the end of "Awake!" I can hear Anneke singing "all the world's a stage..." over and over. I think that's pretty cool. It's difficult to hear, almost subliminal.

Something tells me you either simply don't like it, which is fair, or you're calling things "flaws" that are more like artistic choices.

People have been raving about the Kings of Leon album. I think it's pretty average really. But, some people think it's awesome. Flawed or taste? Hmmm....
#223790 by Lettuce
Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:30 pm
Supercrush is now my ringtone 8) I've been listening to the leak constantly since Halloween, and it's still fresh :D Dev's done a fine job!
#223850 by gurp13
Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:08 pm
Lettuce wrote:Supercrush is now my ringtone 8) I've been listening to the leak constantly since Halloween, and it's still fresh :D Dev's done a fine job!

Mine too! How funny. I used just the guitar at the beginning with the "AAAHHHH" voices". Nice. Hard to answer the phone because I want to listen instead.

I didn't like Ih-Ah at first, but it has grown on me. Such a sweet song. You may have to actually love someone to enjoy it, though.