Hey! You're awake!

Hyperdrive 2007 vs. Hyperdrive 2009

24%
24%
26%
26%
#222729 by Octillus
Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:55 am
swervedriver wrote:There we go. Hope this works, since my internet connection isn't letting me stream the video properly, so I don't know how much the youtube compression raped it. Anyway:

[youtube]icERDvDij84[/youtube]

That was awesome!

The only thing I can really say though is due to the slowing of the new one's tempo, the original clearly becomes the dominant song.
#222751 by Wander
Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:55 pm
It's just... Weird! But sorta works! I guess you can't ruin a track that good whatever you do. :D
#223001 by swervedriver
Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:13 am
Octillus wrote:
swervedriver wrote:There we go. Hope this works, since my internet connection isn't letting me stream the video properly, so I don't know how much the youtube compression raped it. Anyway:

That was awesome!

The only thing I can really say though is due to the slowing of the new one's tempo, the original clearly becomes the dominant song.

Well, I had two choices: either slow the Addicted version down and pitch-shift it to C, or speed up the Ziltoid version and pitch-shift it to C#. I chose the first because a down-tuned Anneke sounded more natural to me than an up-tuned Dev. The levels of both songs are 50/50 though; I even considered boosting Dev a little since I thought Anneke's voice would be a little too dominating. :)

In the end I guess this is the best I can do with it, glad some people find some enjoyment in it.
#223042 by Abydost
Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:28 am
swervedriver wrote:
Octillus wrote:

That was awesome!

Well, I had two choices: either slow the Addicted version down and pitch-shift it to C, or speed up the Ziltoid version and pitch-shift it to C#. I chose the first because a down-tuned Anneke sounded more natural to me than an up-tuned Dev. The levels of both songs are 50/50 though; I even considered boosting Dev a little since I thought Anneke's voice would be a little too dominating. :)

In the end I guess this is the best I can do with it, glad some people find some enjoyment in it.

Dude. Eargasm. 100%.
#223054 by myra
Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:05 am
That sounds cool! Nice job! :D
#223202 by Tree
Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:58 pm
Pretty damn cool mix!! I like the original better... not sure why... I do like them both tho. I love female vocals so it isn't that... must just be the key it is in a full note is always more ear pleasing than a sharp i guess
#223262 by Jaymz
Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:49 am
That overlay video is distilled win.

I think there's plenty to like about either version: the original has a much more spacey sound to it and feels much more reflective, as is the story in ZTO, whereas the new version gets me with its much bigger walls of sound and dancey mood. It's a great picker-upper.

I do love the little additions and changes too, like the sort of 'flat' riff that comes after the intro that then changes into the 'normal' hypderdrive riff, I can't explain it but it's not hard to miss.

Eeeh it makes me feel warm inside.
#223270 by Abydost
Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:15 am
Swervy's vid really inspired me so I tried to do it myself in Audacity but tempo changes and stuff fucks with my head. Then I tried to do it with the 96 Detox and the Chaos Years Detox but same happened again. I gave up. :p
#223402 by mrbean667
Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:59 am
The Ziltoid version gets my vote, as everyone said before it has this quiet, meditative feel which gets raped by the new version.
That said, the new version is still good, judging by the teasers.(I'm trying to hold back.)
#223496 by Jaymz
Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:46 pm
mrbean667 wrote:The Ziltoid version gets my vote, as everyone said before it has this quiet, meditative feel which gets raped by the new version.
That said, the new version is still good, judging by the teasers.(I'm trying to hold back.)

Oh man, the new version is so so good. Very different feeling though as you say. I just consider them totally seperate songs.
#223499 by arheru
Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:54 pm
Thanks Swervedriver!

I didn't think it would work (still not something for when you're feeling like some hi-fi), but super-cool idea, and well done! ^^
#223789 by Antiyou
Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:25 pm
I like ZTO more.

Anneke's version is great and I thoroughly enjoy it. However, it's a cover. Rarely have I ever preferred a cover.
#223945 by Helge-Uwe
Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:56 am
ya, ZTO version. although it's a very good "new version", far better than I expected.