Hey! You're awake!
#222130 by swervedriver
Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:35 am
I believe this one was already posted earlier in the Addicted thread:

http://carlbegai.com/2009/10/13/devin-t ... insideout/

Here's a couple more I found:

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=247653

http://www.lordsofmetal.nl/showreview.p ... 91&lang=en

Feel free to post links to other reviews if you come across them. :)
#222148 by Carpathian Psychonaut
Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:59 am
Wander wrote:All the persons I've heard negative comments from have been 100% tr00 metalheads, so in other words, their opinion isn't worth shit!

I like the way the Lords Of Metal review even makes that point a couple of times as if to say "Look, you might think you're too metaaaaaal for this album but you'd love it...honest!". I think people will get there in the end - the word 'pop' scares people :mrgreen:
#222170 by SupraKarma
Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:36 am
The Lords of Metal review is abnoxiously stupid. Claiming that Addicted features the best songwriting ever by Devin, and then says the standout track is Hyperdrive. :lol:

I haven't read many reviews, but so far they're all written by "Devin fans" which for me equals instant discredit. I much rather read a review of someone unbiased who might get "converted" by Devins music.
#222213 by Octillus
Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:51 pm
SupraKarma wrote:The Lords of Metal review is abnoxiously stupid. Claiming that Addicted features the best songwriting ever by Devin, and then says the standout track is Hyperdrive. :lol:

I haven't read many reviews, but so far they're all written by "Devin fans" which for me equals instant discredit. I much rather read a review of someone unbiased who might get "converted" by Devins music.

All-Music was pretty solid for that.
#222519 by Van Pole
Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:54 pm
I agree pretty much with everything you said.

Please, review more of Dev's albums in future, if you want.

Folks on Youtube should know about Dev's music and your reviews can help.

Cheers.
#222524 by Nightshine
Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:31 pm
Van Pole wrote:I agree pretty much with everything you said.

Please, review more of Dev's albums in future, if you want.

Folks on Youtube should know about Dev's music and your reviews can help.

Cheers.

Somebody actually paid attention to me!

On a serious note though, thank you very much. I'll think about doing more of Devin's albums in the future as soon as I run out of other bands.
#222671 by Thebruce88
Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:29 am
Why would you do a voice review? We want to listen to Addicted, not someone talking about it :P Try writing down a text version.
#222679 by Wander
Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:44 am
Voice reviews can actually portray some things that text alone can't.

And Nightshine, your speaking voice isn't that bad sounding really. Just a bit nasal. Good review.
#222683 by Nightshine
Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:05 am
Thebruce88 wrote:Why would you do a voice review? We want to listen to Addicted, not someone talking about it :P Try writing down a text version.

It's a different media form, which appeals to some but not others.

Wander wrote:Voice reviews can actually portray some things that text alone can't.

And Nightshine, your speaking voice isn't that bad sounding really. Just a bit nasal. Good review.

Which is why I detest my voice. And thanks.
#222752 by Octillus
Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:56 pm
nightshine wrote:
Which is why I detest my voice. And thanks.

Dude, you actually have a good speaking voice. Some people are just in higher registers, I wouldn't really worry about it, I think what's more important is you sound natural on broadcast which is something to be commended. 98% of Youtube can't do that.
#222788 by TheMightyRaptor
Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:07 pm
Gonna make a youtube video with my review later on today. I'll have it posted up soon, hopefully...
#222803 by Doctor Lore
Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:31 pm
I fucking love every single song from Addicted.

Does anyone else get reminded of the opening to Hello Pete by Type O when they listen to the opening of Bend it like Bender!?

Also, Ih-Ah is close to being my most played song of all time. Love it to bits. Trying to get them to play it on the radio over here in the UK.