Hey! You're awake!
#222542 by UnstableBass
Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:25 pm
Im 18, I act like a kid, and yes we go crazy for it! hahaha, its such a FUN album, all my non metal mates ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT and are gonna buy it haha
#222544 by Love of Socks
Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:37 pm
I stage epic Transformer battles to it for no readily apparent reason.
#222565 by Spaceman Spiff
Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:41 pm
My two-year-old just now came into my room asking for "Hevy Devy music."
#222659 by the_s_rabbit
Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:19 am
I'll get em into addicted, just have to make up an excuse to go for more car rides. I know that I can get them into Ih-Ah for sure. If your name was James Blunt, that song would be in America's top forty. Would CM ever submit any of the material to Clear Channel?
#222690 by Nightshine
Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:21 am
Spaceman Spiff wrote:My two-year-old just now came into my room asking for "Hevy Devy music."

That's fucking adorable.
#222809 by Wander
Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:46 pm
Fucking adorable is a funny thing to say when you mean it. :D
#222826 by elvendio
Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:53 pm
My kids are 13 and 17 and are really digging it. In fact we are all going to see the Dev in concert this January.
#222831 by the_s_rabbit
Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:12 pm
I'm going to pickup my 5-yr old twins right now. Will make sure that a catchy tune is blasting! (not too loud of course)

:D
#222900 by into the voigtex
Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:43 pm
the_s_rabbit wrote:I'm going to pickup my 5-yr old twins right now. Will make sure that a catchy tune is blasting! (not too loud of course)

Cool, another one with twins! Boys? Girls? Pigeon Pair?

Played Bend It Like Bender for 3-y-o Eddie last night. He said "It sounds like fast cars" and started dancing. Then I played the whole album for them this morning during breakfast. They particularly liked BILB and Ih-Ah. After brekky they both got down from their chairs and demanded to dance during Supercrush.

Ro
#223057 by the_s_rabbit
Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:16 am
into the voigtex wrote:
the_s_rabbit wrote:I'm going to pickup my 5-yr old twins right now. Will make sure that a catchy tune is blasting! (not too loud of course)

Cool, another one with twins! Boys? Girls? Pigeon Pair?

Played Bend It Like Bender for 3-y-o Eddie last night. He said "It sounds like fast cars" and started dancing. Then I played the whole album for them this morning during breakfast. They particularly liked BILB and Ih-Ah. After brekky they both got down from their chairs and demanded to dance during Supercrush.

Ro

Twin girls. And by the time we got home they were both singing "ih-ah, ih-ah, ih-ah". :)
#223146 by kettle
Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:52 pm
Nightshine wrote:
ghyti wrote:I don't have kids (being 17 and all) but everyone I've shown songs to at my school have loved it and asked me to send them a song or two
especially Ih-Ah (not surprisingly) :D

That's funny. All my classmates detest every single last bit of music I show them.

Then again, they detest me.

well here's the good news...

...you know when boys pull the pigtails of the girls they're too emotionally inept to communicate with?

...well everyone detesting you is really quite a good sign. trust me.
#223201 by Petie
Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:48 pm
Yes! I have a 3-year-old, and I was playing Addicted in the car yesterday. He said "Who's this band, dadda? I wuv this music!"

Huge contrast to when I was playing City about a year ago, and he walked in to hear the words "The beat starts here" and the ensuing onslaught of riffage. He went "OH NO!" and ran out of the room.
#223228 by Maizzi
Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:10 am
Good stuff. Im definately gonna find out if my child is gonna dig Addicted. Its just that his/hers release date is approximately 18.3.2010 :D
#223230 by swervedriver
Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:13 am
Petie wrote:Yes! I have a 3-year-old, and I was playing Addicted in the car yesterday. He said "Who's this band, dadda? I wuv this music!"

Huge contrast to when I was playing City about a year ago, and he walked in to hear the words "The beat starts here" and the ensuing onslaught of riffage. He went "OH NO!" and ran out of the room.

I can totally imagine that scene, haha! :D

Maizzi wrote:Good stuff. Im definately gonna find out if my child is gonna dig Addicted. Its just that his/hers release date is approximately 18.3.2010 :D

"Release date" :lol: