Hey! You're awake!
#223205 by hairbearbunch
Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Is the sample at the start the same one used on Triumph, at the "Hooray for Doctor Young" bit?

"And we looked up to the stars last night
And I saw that maybe...there was nothing more?
...and my thought turned!"

That, question mark is what's answered, (usually questioned in a young persons altered state of conscious) when simply looking into the night sky. Making sense of the seeming chaos.
Nothing more? AWAKE. (Psily fun).

I'd like to know who's saying "That's alright......" Dev to us?, or ? to Dev? Dev to Dev.
(you to you, us to us)
#223207 by AlucardXIX
Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:37 pm
Octillus wrote:I love the intro of this song so much. SO SO SO SO MUCH.

Lol 2 to 7 stretch on guitar. Or at least that's how I figured it out. You can play it different, but it doesnt have the same sound.
#223208 by Octillus
Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:42 pm
AlucardXIX wrote:
Octillus wrote:I love the intro of this song so much. SO SO SO SO MUCH.

Lol 2 to 7 stretch on guitar. Or at least that's how I figured it out. You can play it different, but it doesnt have the same sound.

<3
#223240 by FUBAR
Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:13 am
The way Dev sings in this song reminds of freddy mercury at times.
#223325 by hairbearbunch
Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:27 pm
AlucardXIX wrote:Best line of the entire album is still "Eh, all the way!"

Queenslander's and Kiwi's say that all the time eh', but Kiwi's usually add bro', eh' so it's, eh bro?
Like they need confirmation of everything they say. Or a kind of self confirmation (eh).
#223337 by Thebruce88
Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:39 pm
Does anyone else think that during the first verse of Awake, Devin sounds like James Hetfield? Mainly "its alright, you're only human boy / take your inhibitions going home / WALK ON HOME BOY!"

I got the same feeling from Depth Charge too. I'm talking like, Load era and on James Hetfield, not Ride the Lightning.
#223354 by Wander
Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:31 pm
Thebruce88 wrote:Does anyone else think that during the first verse of Awake, Devin sounds like James Hetfield? Mainly "its alright, you're only human boy / take your inhibitions going home / WALK ON HOME BOY!"

I got the same feeling from Depth Charge too. I'm talking like, Load era and on James Hetfield, not Ride the Lightning.

Yeah, I kinda get what you mean. The same kind of tone at times as James had during that late 90s era pretty much.
#223403 by FUBAR
Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:26 am
Have you noticed that Dev loves using the lyric "boy", lol, crops a up a few times on the album.
#223407 by Octillus
Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:00 am
FUBAR wrote:Have you noticed that Dev loves using the lyric "boy", lol, crops a up a few times on the album.

It's not the first time he's used the phrase.

Goes back quite a ways. I'd tell you which songs, but if I get started the train won't stop. It's never gonna stop...

Yeah, I know, that was lame and super nerdy, but at least it's off my chest.
#223457 by FUBAR
Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:54 pm
Octillus wrote:
FUBAR wrote:Have you noticed that Dev loves using the lyric "boy", lol, crops a up a few times on the album.

It's not the first time he's used the phrase.

Goes back quite a ways. I'd tell you which songs, but if I get started the train won't stop. It's never gonna stop...

Yeah, I know, that was lame and super nerdy, but at least it's off my chest.

lol Yeh but I think Addicted contains his most boys yet....anyway...
#223460 by Octillus
Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:59 pm
YES, MORE BOYS
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.
#223563 by Robert23
Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:57 am
The very beginning always makes me smile.
#223583 by Deathcom7000
Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:10 pm

Yeah, it seems to be everywhere, like theres this theme about becoming a man. "Be a goddamn man boy"!! "Wild Colonial Boy". "This type of dependancy turns a boy into a man"!. etc. Well I always love those lines because I feel young and immature.

As for the song, Awake is probably my favorite, if not supercrush. Actually, it's a tough call. So many good songs. But Annekes voice is AMAZING in this. The chorus usually gets my eyes a little weepy.