Hey! You're awake!
#223690 by swervedriver
Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:36 am
How it goes from completely serene in the verses to exploding into this huge chorus with Dev screaming "OH!!", it's fantastic. I've not determined this song as my absolute favorite of the album yet, but it's definitely top 3.
#223700 by azure
Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:47 am
For me it has all the sounds I love. I also find the lyrics very relatable, according to my interpretation anyways. I really like the hugeness and epic nature of the song along with melodies. I guess it shows how diverse Devin is with his musical spectrum. Everyone can find exactly what they want to hear in one or many of his songs.
#224236 by Archetype
Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:47 pm
The chorus is just awesome; Dev's voice is in top condition on those choruses.
I also love the ghost notes from the snare-drum in the verses; wow.. nicely done, mr. van der Poederooyen.
And the return to the intro, with Dev's ad-libs, gives me goosebumps.
#224547 by zierk
Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:04 am
It's my second favorite behind Way Home. Way Home is just relentless from start to finish. As the album plays I find myself turning up the volume constantly until the end of Way Home. It's at that point I realize that my ears are hurting and turn it down a little bit, only to bring it back up to the end :D . Buy yeah, I can definitely see people saying Supercrush is their favorite. It is definitely epic on a whole new level, especially the chorus. I just love how intense Way Home is.
#224700 by JSchaffer
Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:21 am
Only thing i havent noticed anyone put about this amazing song are annekes "ah" harmony vocals in the beginning and at the release of the build up at the end.

Holy balls, that part gets me everytime. Its almost got a "church-y" feel to it, sounds beautiful to go along with the rest of the song. She really shines.
#224756 by static2
Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:47 pm
i just noticed the horns (or horn-like synths) at the very end of the song — a hidden gem in my favourite song! how rewarding :D
#226128 by Lauri
Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:58 pm
When I listen to this song (I mainly listen to the instruments, singing being one of them, but I don't concentrate on the lyrics too much) I feel like flying, floating, like in a dream, except that I get frequently smashed with something huge and thrown in different directions. I feel my life is something like that right now. I like this song because I can reflect on my situation with it.
#226231 by BrunoN
Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:52 am
AlucardXIX wrote:The chorus is absolutely epic. Anneke's vocals in the verses are beautiful. The whole song sounds massive.

This. It's a big fucking song, like a soundtrack for some awesome, galactic-grade event. IMO it's among Devin's best, and way too short (just like Resolve).
#226291 by The Oid
Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:44 pm
I'm a big fan of Devin's multilayered stuff. I really like songs with a lot of layers of stuff going on at the same time.
Anneke's vocals are awesome throughout (especially the harmonised parts), as are Devin's and the chorus is catchy and powerful as hell.

I also like songs that have a good range between mellow and heavy in the same track, and this song is perfect for that.

What's not to like? :)

Supercrush and Numbered are my two favourites by a long way, for all those reasons. (Although the album is a good all-rounder to be honest, there isn't a single track that isn't awesome in its own way)
#226337 by ferocitas
Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:11 am
Aniland wrote:I like all of the songs on the new album, but Supercrush sticks out as one of my lesser favorite tracks.

I myself do like it, for the record. I find myself getting the chorus in my head without even hearing it often.

So you do like it or not? Your question kinda presumes a need for defense, like it's somehow obviously lesser song, but then you say you like it. My answer: Whatever. Favorites are favorites. They shift and change.
#226439 by ffian1
Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:08 pm
Personally, for me it was watching the vocal tracking videos and wondering what it would sound like as a whole.

Then hearing it gave me aural joygasms, and watching the protools video Dev did for it made me appreciate the finer points in the track.

That and it's stuck in my head ALL THE TIME!

I wish I was better at writing songs lol
#226455 by Nightshine
Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:24 pm
For some reason, every time I think of the chorus of "Supercrush" in my head, it immediately segues into Earth Day.

Specifically, this part:

"WELL FUCK,
I REALLY DON'T CARE
FUCK
LISTEN TO ME
JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP"

It's kind of odd really.