Hey! You're awake!
#226456 by Falling Upward9
Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:27 pm
I just think it is a good song. The first time I listened to the album I was out jogging
and when this song started I just stopped. As soon as the chorus melody came in on
the guitar I was hooked. I love how big it sounds, it's not to long, not too short
It's just right for me. Not sure why, it just is.
#229607 by Lauri
Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:34 am
The Oid wrote:I really like songs with a lot of layers of stuff going on at the same time.

Hey me too!

Especially the lots-of-stuff-happening-simultaneously-stuff. I love it when different elements of music are sort of fighting over each other for the listeners attention.

Would you happen to know more artists/bands who make that kind of music?
#229670 by andreg45
Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:50 am
I really love Dev's operatic vocals during the chorus. I find it absolutely epic. Also, I just love the way it builds... it kind of forces you to sing along, ya know? :guitar:
#229964 by Demonic_Duck
Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:58 am
The reason I like it is because BUH-BUH BUH-BUH BUH-BUH BUH-BUH I DON'T WANNA SAVE MY SOUL NOW, BUH-BUH BUH-BUH BUH-BUH BUH-BUH I JUST WANNA LOSE CONTROH-OH-OHL, BUH-BUH BUH-BUH BUH-BUH BUH-BUH BUT EVEN IF IT TAKES A LIFETIME TO LEARN... I'LL LEEEEARN!!
#230131 by Atari
Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:29 pm
Demonic_Duck wrote:The reason I like it is because BUH-BUH BUH-BUH BUH-BUH BUH-BUH I DON'T WANNA SAVE MY SOUL NOW, BUH-BUH BUH-BUH BUH-BUH BUH-BUH I JUST WANNA LOSE CONTROH-OH-OHL, BUH-BUH BUH-BUH BUH-BUH BUH-BUH BUT EVEN IF IT TAKES A LIFETIME TO LEARN... I'LL LEEEEARN!!

QFT
#236649 by Lauri
Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:58 am
Ohh, by sig you meant your SIGNATURE

:D

Ahhahaha that took long to figure out. Nice stuff you got there. Though I'm not sure it's what you had there when you said to follow your sig.
#237472 by the_scoon
Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:00 am
I was driving on my way to a gig, listening to Addicted for the first time. Bend it like Bender just finished, and I heard this 'DJEN-DJENT, DJEN-DJENT', said to myself 'Holy Fuck', proceeded to crank my stereo til the speakers were about to explode, and then the 'OHHHHH!' on the instrumental chorus came in.

I nearly crashed my car.
#238226 by Bookwyrm83
Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:53 am
Without reading other posts (but will likely indirectly repeat), Supercrush is my favorite as it reflects my current mindset. The song a mixture of obloquy and elation. Thematically anyone can relate to it, as we all self-conflict at some point or another, sometimes perpetually. Most of all, it's a damn good riff with awesome vocals on both ends, so it's fun to sing. That's my opinion.
#238588 by kettle
Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:44 pm
Andrew Lloyd Webber is sat there wondering - 'How does he do that then?'

This song could win anyone.

Can't wait till devy has a touring choir of divas.
#239281 by jotkeirle
Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:52 pm
Chorus is EPIC. Not the biggest fan of the girl singing the verses but seeing Devin do it himself live was awesome!
This song (chorus at least) was the first snippet I had heard of Addicted as it was posted online during Devin tracking vocals.. Just seeing that video had the chorus stuck in my head for months until the record came out!!
#239552 by ctfod
Tue May 04, 2010 12:44 pm
jotkeirle wrote:Chorus is EPIC. Not the biggest fan of the girl singing the verses but seeing Devin do it himself live was awesome!
This song (chorus at least) was the first snippet I had heard of Addicted as it was posted online during Devin tracking vocals.. Just seeing that video had the chorus stuck in my head for months until the record came out!!

Same for me, although I love Anneke's vocals on that track, the 'auto-tuning it to shit' really works great with it. She also sounds sexy ass hell on that track.

EDIT: Sexy ass hell? Doesn't sound like hell at all. Sexy as hell, I mean.