Hey! You're awake!
#223292 by Aniland
Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:48 pm
I like all of the songs on the new album, but Supercrush sticks out as one of my lesser favorite tracks. Likewise, I notice that many people have chosen this as their favorite. What I'm wondering is this: Why is it YOUR (speaking directly to you, the individual) favorite? What qualities make you so enamored by this track?

I myself do like it, for the record. I find myself getting the chorus in my head without even hearing it often.
#223311 by AlucardXIX
Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:23 pm
The chorus is absolutely epic. Anneke's vocals in the verses are beautiful. The whole song sounds massive.

It's a great track.
#223395 by Octillus
Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:42 am
I think coming into the last chorus from a trademark Devin scream (see Wilhelm scream :D) is just spectacular.

It's not in my top 3 of the album, but it's a very good song.
#223437 by Tree
Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:34 am
It is just a MASSIVE song!! I guess it is just a personal opinion for me tho... love the way the last chorus comes in. Love the vocals.
#223494 by arheru
Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:40 pm
It's absolutely the BIGGEST track on the album (which says a lot) and makes me - a drummer - stand up and do guitar chug-poses in front of the mirror, feet spread far apart, knees bent and with a mighty metal grimace to adorn my face. The last band that did that to me must have been Metallica when I was 15. That, fellow fans, signifies a great song.

Also, It has the best melodies and fattest transitions on the planet. I yield!
#223531 by AlucardXIX
Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:27 am
Robert23 wrote:Not my favorite, reason being that it's too long. The final two minutes are good, but feel more like a separate song to me.

The song's only just over 5 minutes long. It's not like it's a 15 minute opus. Also, why the italics?