Hey! You're awake!
#225610 by TallNerdGuy
Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:32 pm
swervedriver wrote:
TallNerdGuy wrote:
Fnargl wrote:The Way Home - "I wont be knocked down"
Synchronicity Freaks - "I wont be diluted"

Definitely. Maybe its just me, but the more I listen to The Way Home, the more I'm kind of reminded of the structure, rhythm, and clean guitar tone of Synchronicity Freaks (not in a bad way...but like its meant to be somewhat of a motif).

Also, does the Dev say "WHY SHE LEFT ALONE" in Synchronicity Freaks? And jumping off that, does he also say "SHE LEFT ME!" in the background at the very end of the new Hyperdrive?

In Synchronicity Freaks the line is most likely "Was she left alone?" The line in Hyperdrive is "She loves me". I doubt those two can be considered a reference to one another.

Ah, I see. I never saw the Synch Freaks lyrics written out, so I just misunderstood what was being said. :oops: So if those lines really are whats being said in both songs, then yes, there is no connection (other than the vague references of "she").
Last edited by TallNerdGuy on Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#225634 by Biert
Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:13 pm
Jormungandr wrote:Anyone actually know why Dev does this with his music?

He's too lazy to think of new stuff.
#225663 by Archetype
Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:13 pm
Biert wrote:
Jormungandr wrote:Anyone actually know why Dev does this with his music?

He's too lazy to think of new stuff.

and yet, writing 4 records in one year.
#225672 by static2
Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:44 pm
"Centipede" (or is it Japan?) & "Addicted" - bending/ascending harmonics riff

but most of them seem to be within Addicted or Ki, like the first verse of Addicted being repeated in Awake, and the chanting of "awake" in Supercrush.
#225687 by shredi knight
Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:52 pm
Not really a reference, but the part at the end of "Numbered" (after Anneke's ad libbed vocal part) reminds me of "Life is all Dynamics", when it breaks into the heavy, "Unsure? Well, here's help with the wait
The heavens move and the earth will quake...."
section.

I could be way off though, haven't really compared them.
#225727 by catharsis
Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:19 am
orbsonb wrote:"Get up, get up, get up, get up" in Awake = "Get up, get up, get up, get up" in Wrong Side

he also says "get up, get up, get up, get down" in ziltoida attaxxx. could be a reference to that as well.
#225732 by Ageia
Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:54 am
the ocean returns to machine = obvious
the 'she loves me' is reference to original hyperdrive where dev sighs "she loves me not" at the end
#225743 by catharsis
Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:38 am
Ageia wrote:the ocean returns to machine = obvious
the 'she loves me' is reference to original hyperdrive where dev sighs "she loves me not" at the end

uh, it's "returns to the sea"

and i don't think you can "reference" a song when it's the same song...
#225759 by swervedriver
Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:41 am
catharsis wrote:
Ageia wrote:the ocean returns to machine = obvious

uh, it's "returns to the sea"

It's both.