Hey! You're awake!
#225785 by FUBAR
Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:30 pm
joe gilmore wrote:Resolve (the song that was directly influenced by the wildhearts) is Vanilla Radio !!!

I heard that but they sound totally different to me.
#225788 by The Oid
Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:55 pm
I don't think it's an intentional reference, but listen from about 2:11 on "The Way Home", and then from about 1:29 on "Sunset" from Synchestra. Anyone else hear a subtle resemblance?
#225792 by Ageia
Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:55 pm
catharsis wrote:
Ageia wrote:the ocean returns to machine = obvious
the 'she loves me' is reference to original hyperdrive where dev sighs "she loves me not" at the end

uh, it's "returns to the sea"

and i don't think you can "reference" a song when it's the same song...

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=8555&start=0

hohohoh SNAP learn to listen and read
#225851 by TallNerdGuy
Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:23 pm
FUBAR wrote:
joe gilmore wrote:Resolve (the song that was directly influenced by the wildhearts) is Vanilla Radio !!!

True, Resolve! isn't entirely the same as Vanilla Radio, but there is that little ditty in the first verse where the reference is clear as crystal.

When I first heard this, though, I was rather tickled because Vanilla Radio was actually the first Wildhearts song I had ever heard. </pointless trivia>
#225892 by Estbarul
Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:16 am
Addicted: Lets be like the MOUNTAIN!

Maybe it´s a reference to mountain of terria
#225897 by The Oid
Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:10 am
In All Hail the New Flesh, Devin uses the world "All". He also uses it somewhere on this album!
Coincidence?? I think not.

Also, I'm pretty sure at least one song on the album uses the word "the", and "and", which he's definitely used before.
#226086 by JarHead413
Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:52 am
It was a thought of mine when I first heard the Resolve! clip on youtube but parts of the chorus sound very similar to the clean vocal part in the middle of Ocean Machines from Ass-sordid Demos.
#226101 by catharsis
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:49 am
Ageia wrote:
catharsis wrote:
the 'she loves me' is reference to original hyperdrive where dev sighs "she loves me not" at the end

and i don't think you can "reference" a song when it's the same song...

http://hevydevyforums.com/forums/viewto ... 55&start=0

hohohoh SNAP learn to listen and read

damn it. i even looked up those lyrics to double check but only looked at the 1st chorus... i bow my head in shame and withdraw my comment
#226173 by 2fat2furious
Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:40 pm
FUBAR wrote:

Wow, really? I just listened to Vanilla Radio and thought it was pretty obvious. Even the guitar progressions are similar, as are the verses and part of the chorus.
#226174 by Robert23
Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:54 pm
swervedriver wrote:
catharsis wrote:

It's both.

Everything I ever believed in is a LIE!
#226885 by Ravonite
Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:29 am
This is what I found. Obviously other people have found it just stating what I've currently found.

"LETS BE LIKE THE MOUNTAIN!" From Addicted! - Perhaps a nod to the Mountain in Terria. Maybe not but who knows.

"OM! OM! OM! OM!" Again from Addicted! Perhaps a nod to Om or a nod to the album Infinity.

"Universe in a ball...
There's a universe in a ball...
You'll find those foreign fantasies were Ki!!!" - Obviously a nod to the previous album.

"SHUT IT!!!" From Hyperdrive. Just an assumption but it was changed from connect from ZTO. So I thought it may be from the ending in Disruptr.

"Turn your world around" from Resolve! Referencing the line "Turn the radio down" in Vanilla Radio.

"THE OCEAN RETURNS TO MACHINE!!!" Yeah.

"I'm alright to fly!" From Numbered! Seems kinda like the line in Coast.