Hey! You're awake!
#225428 by Jaktens Tid
Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:51 pm
I've fallen in love with her voice. It's a perfect match for Devin's music. She's got the power, the range, the energy, and the tone. Does anyone else feel the same? Does anyone know if he plans to utilize her amazing talents in the future?

I for one, would love to see a whole slew of remakes and original content featuring her. It'd also be really cool to see both of them sing together on stage if they ever decide to tour like that.
#225452 by Thrashartist
Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:35 pm
Yeah, I definitely agree that her voice goes with Devin's music perfectly.
I'd love to see her appear again in later works.
#225482 by Van Pole
Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:53 am
There is a chance of another cooperation, someday and yeah... she's truly amazing singer.

Would love to hear Dev on Anneke's album, too.
#225488 by The Oid
Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:12 am
Anneke was definitely the right choice for this album. Her vocals fit very well with Devin's.

I don't own any of The Gathering's albums, but they've been on my "to buy" list for years, after hearing a couple of songs on various compilations.

I've put a couple of their CDs on my amazon wishlist (which my wife passes around to all her relatives when they ask what they can get me for xmas), so hopefully that should resolve my problem. :D
#225509 by Thebruce88
Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:11 am
She did some really solid vocal work on Addicted, but on the one song that wasn't written for Addicted, Hyperdrive, she really killed it. It felt like she was just shouting through the whole song, there was almost no subtlety to it. I suppose Addicted was never about subtlety, but then why put Hyperdrive on it, one of Devin's most subtlely beautiful songs?
#225526 by Wander
Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:38 am
The Hypedrive of Addicted is supposed to be a different kind of representation of the song, not the melancholic thing it is on Ziltoid.
#225617 by Van Pole
Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:07 pm
Hyperdrive is really awesome live, when performed by Anneke.

Agreed with Wander on the representation of the song... and It is clearly that Addicted version sounds more cheerful.
#225651 by Jaktens Tid
Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:34 pm
Hmm, I really liked her on Hyperdrive. In fact, I thought it was her strongest showing. Like... if I were to get someone's opinion about Anneke's vocal capabilities, I'd play Hyperdrive for them.
#225654 by Jaktens Tid
Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:50 pm
I just had a thought. Not sure if anyone else has suggested it. How about Anneke singing the entire Ocean Machine album? Geezus, I'd buy the hell out of it.
#225670 by Hughie
Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:37 pm
I enjoy her vocals on the songs Devin has put her on.. I prefer Devin to sing Devin's songs though.
#225692 by JuZ
Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:21 am
Jaktens Tid wrote:Hmm, I really liked her on Hyperdrive. In fact, I thought it was her strongest showing. Like... if I were to get someone's opinion about Anneke's vocal capabilities, I'd play Hyperdrive for them.

Using Addicted, if I were trying to show off Anneke's voice I'd go for Numbered, despite the fact that Dev does a good chunk of the singing. He just puts her voice on a pedestal in Numbered - she sounds glorious and also gets to freestyle a bit.
#225700 by Carpathian Psychonaut
Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:40 am
I love Anneke's voice on Addicted and have all of The Gatherings work.......but, even so, I'd say that it's best to keep this as the main collaboration between them. Having Devin and other vocalists on each album gives each one a character of their own. It would be like finding fantastic clothes which stand out wonderfully but them becoming overused when the whole family dresses in them at the same time.

She's brilliant, that's for sure, but I'd be more interested to see who else fits with Devin's work and how he chooses to conduct things.
#225840 by JuZ
Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:52 pm
Carpathian Psychonaut wrote:I love Anneke's voice on Addicted and have all of The Gatherings work.......but, even so, I'd say that it's best to keep this as the main collaboration between them. Having Devin and other vocalists on each album gives each one a character of their own. It would be like finding fantastic clothes which stand out wonderfully but them becoming overused when the whole family dresses in them at the same time.

She's brilliant, that's for sure, but I'd be more interested to see who else fits with Devin's work and how he chooses to conduct things.

LOL- this actually happened to me. Used to like Threadless t-shirts until they went in a different direction with a lot more "art" and a lot less of the clever and amusing design I dug. But the straw that broke this camel's back was my mother-in-law starting to order them, particularly some of the shirts I already wore. I don't ordinarily give much of a shit about clothes, but there was something fundamentally wrong about that.
#225964 by rokaxe
Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:37 am
I am absolutely in love with Anneke. Amazing voice and a good looker! The way her vocals are used throughout Addicted is perfect, the blend between her and Devin is spot on. But we all knew that right?

I'm agreeing with Carpathian Psychonaut on this one. While Anneke is fucking fantastic against Devin's tunes, I'd love to see some more collaborations from other artists. I wouldnt even know where to begin to suggest such artists because Devin's music is so complex that only he really knows what's going on.

Having said all that... Anneke Van Giersbergen, will you marry me? Haha.