Hey! You're awake!
#226229 by swervedriver
Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:36 am
Ok, so he's the other guitar player on Addicted. However, the most I've read about him from Dev / RVP is the following:

The Dev wrote:Mark Cimino is my good friend of 15 years from New York...we were roommates in LA during Vai, he was Vai's assistant at the time. He's a walking party and great guitarist.

Drumdude13 wrote:Mark Cimino is a sick guitar player and he is rippin' it up with us and moshing while recording!!! No lie, this guy has awesome energy in his playing and while he plays!! It's awesome.

Perhaps there's more info about this in the Addicted booklet, but since I have to wait until Christmas to get my hands on it..: what are his specific contributions to Addicted? Does he play all/some/no solos? Only tight chugga-chugga stuff? Background meedling? I'm quite curious. :)
#226339 by ferocitas
Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:16 am
swervedriver wrote:Perhaps there's more info about this in the Addicted booklet

There's not, and I'm quite curious myself because there doesn't seem to be any obvious Mark Cimino moments. It seems it might as well been all guitars tracked by Dev. Maybe he'll play live and rock his ass o ff?
#226359 by swervedriver
Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:59 am
Also from the original Addicted thread, the touring line-up:

The Dev wrote:RVP. drums
Brian Waddell. Bass
Dave Young. Guitar
Me. guitar and vox

sometimes: (big festivals etc)

Anneke. vox
Mark Cimino. 3rd guitar

Hopefully 2 more background singers, one guy, one girl

We will be doing visuals and playing to tape as well. (visuals when we can, festivals etc)

So 3rd guitar, occasionally. He's prominently featured in the artwork of Addicted so I imagined there to be a couple of stand-out moments, but I can't identify them either.
Last edited by swervedriver on Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
#226361 by ferocitas
Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:26 am
swervedriver wrote:So 3rd guitar, occasionally. He's prominently featured in the artwork of Addicted so I imagined there to be a couple of stand-out moments, but I can't identify them either.

Cool. I've deliberately kept myself off of any forums or threads dealing with Addicted before I got my copy in the mail so it's all news to me. Anyway, like you say, he's featured in the artwork so it makes you wonder...
#226370 by Biert
Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:06 am
swervedriver wrote:Also from the original Addicted thread, the live line-up:

The Dev wrote:RVP. drums
Brian Waddell. Bass
Dave Young. Guitar
Me. guitar and vox

sometimes: (big festivals etc)

Anneke. vox
Mark Cimino. 3rd guitar

Hopefully 2 more background singers, one guy, one girl

We will be doing visuals and playing to tape as well. (visuals when we can, festivals etc)

So 3rd guitar, occasionally. He's prominently featured in the artwork of Addicted so I imagined there to be a couple of stand-out moments, but I can't identify them either.

That's the touring lineup isn't it? I thought he did have a more prominent place in the Addicted studio lineup, but I really wouldn't know how to tell his guitar work from that of the Dev.

I think the guitars on Addicted sound a bit muddled and snowed under anyway :roll:
#226375 by swervedriver
Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:41 am
Yeah, touring lineup indeed. Probably a better term than live lineup. *edits*
#226486 by Octillus
Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:24 pm
I think I gathered that they were different things too.

I do think it's kinda funny that the DTP's touring line-up is basically the DTB.
#226803 by XnaySaturo
Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:24 pm
Biert wrote:
swervedriver wrote:I think the guitars on Addicted sound a bit muddled and snowed under anyway :roll:

What kind of speakers do you have? :O I think they're amazing!