Hey! You're awake!
#227768 by Carpathian Psychonaut
Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:13 am
chillidemon wrote:That is indeed a very odd video LOL , didn't expect anything like that , odd , just odd LOL
and heres the direct link for anyone not knowing where to watch , video is at the top on the homepage
http://www.revolvermag.com/

It may have been there earlier but no sign of it now! I've been searching the site for a few mins and still no luck?

Does anybody know which section it's in or have a more direct link to where they've now got it?
#227776 by Wander
Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:17 pm
catharsis wrote:what's with all the chinese text?

It's Japanese (I think... Well, atleast the "to be continued" text is the same as in Japanese anime series so I'd suspect that the rest of it is Japanese as well).

Holy shit. This video is FUCKING GENIUS.

Really didn't expect that but this guy Konrad surprises everytime. Maybe I'm the only one... I don't know... Just... Fucking Awesome!

E: And I think the reason for the Japanese text is that the theme is this kind of an anime thing.
#227780 by Carpathian Psychonaut
Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:28 pm
chillidemon wrote:its literally at the top of the homepage http://www.revolvermag.com/

Ah, it is indeed back again - looks like they took it down to correct the spelling mess up!

Thanks all.

Off to watch it now.......
#227782 by swervedriver
Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:34 pm
Looks cool, no idea what it means though.. I don't even know if it's supposed to mean anything.
#227783 by Van Pole
Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:35 pm
I see that Konrad is capable of creating original and powerful images... Big Yay to the video ! :)

I don't know what was the budget for this but it reminds me a little bit of some of the Japanese productions like Casshern, Patlabor and even a little bit of Ergo Proxy (in one shot).

It's not an ordinary stuff you see in television. Both Coast and Bender videos are awesome because of their originality.

5/5 !
#227784 by Matt08642
Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:35 pm
I dunno, I'm not really a fan of Konrad's videos for Devin. They don't really have a coherent story or any "togetherness" in my mind, they are just arbitrary images and animations. I don't know, maybe I'm missing something.

Regardless, it's nice to see Dev and Konrad have something they are proud of. :)
#227785 by Carpathian Psychonaut
Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:37 pm
Van Pole wrote:it reminds me a little bit of some of the Japanese productions like Casshern.......

Casshern made my brain fall out of my ears......in a good way :shock:
#227786 by Van Pole
Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:42 pm
I feel Casshern was pretty much anti-war movie. Very shocking and sad in some point... :|

The contrast between happiness of the song and war images in Konrad's video is propably done with premeditation.
#227794 by Aniland
Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:18 pm
I can't say that I cared for the video too much. I was hoping that Bender would make an appearance. XD. Or something like that. But the song is wonderful as usual.
#227796 by Ragen
Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:28 pm
Absolutely loved that video. The colours and animations captured the vibe of Addicted really well and the images were pretty emotional as well. Watching a bullet track across a landscape then kill someone was really effective.

I'd say it was almost as good as the Almost Again video (my favourite music video of all time).