Hey! You're awake!
#227880 by Ike
Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:30 am
That was weird and cool. The graphics and colours match the sound of Addicted perfectly, although I found the animations and cut to be not groovy enough for the song. the video could have profited drom a more rhythmic approach. But the weird colours and imagery compensate for that, I'd say.
#227884 by Biert
Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:18 am
The Dev wrote:but wow, what an animator...holy crap!

That's exactly what I thought.
#227889 by mEh!
Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:25 am
:shock: aah my eyes!! Amazing stuff though. I didn't expect that at all.
#227898 by NFF
Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:55 am
i just noticed that the lyrics were translated into japanese subtitles lol so awesome.
#227900 by hog
Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:14 am
I like the video.

The ending is really cool with the baby in the womb.
#227928 by Griff
Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:57 pm
I personally didn't like it. I wouldn't say I hate it though. I cannot do better! I think the colours are more in tune with the art direction and promo photography from Ki, not Addicted. I don't want to go as far as say the video is a rip off, but it reminds me HEAVILY of one of the episodes on The Animatrix. Anyone who's seen it will know the one I mean (EDIT: here's a link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAixFMHy ... PL&index=5). But hey, it's sooooo reminiscent of it, maybe he's the same animator? But if that's the case, is he recycling his material?
#227938 by BlingFree
Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:57 pm
I think the fact that it's not what people expect makes it even better. I had my opinions about the universal or spiritual nature of the song and it seems that the artist picked up on that and expressed it in a way that I never could have.

What could be more yin/yang? A man waging war has a matrix-like breakthrough. The white woman singing hope and love and wisdom across the void. They merge to become this embryonic pineal gland deal which is truly kick ass. Now that I think of it I'm VERY thankful that the video did not turn out like I envisioned it.

Thank you.
#227944 by the_s_rabbit
Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:07 pm
I like it. It keeps me entertained. I think it fits the song well and enhances the listening experience, even if it doesn't really fit the lyrics.

And it doesn't freak me out like "Coast" does.
#227949 by Nosifer
Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:50 pm
The more I watch the video, the more I like the song.

Will Konrad do a video for each album?

...that would be kon-RAD!
#227972 by FUBAR
Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:14 am
I like it. It would have been easy to make some colourful "fun" cheesy video for the song. At least Konrad never does what you expect!
#227994 by Wander
Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:56 am
Griff wrote:I personally didn't like it. I wouldn't say I hate it though. I cannot do better! I think the colours are more in tune with the art direction and promo photography from Ki, not Addicted. I don't want to go as far as say the video is a rip off, but it reminds me HEAVILY of one of the episodes on The Animatrix. Anyone who's seen it will know the one I mean (EDIT: here's a link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAixFMHy ... PL&index=5). But hey, it's sooooo reminiscent of it, maybe he's the same animator? But if that's the case, is he recycling his material?

The main similiarity I'm seeing is that both are animated battle scenes. So yeah, it is reminiscent of the Animatrix scene, but the hell? I've seen Animatrix a couple of times but I don't really see what you're saying. They way the battle scenes are directed is different, the style of animation is different and as far as I can see, the Bender video has nothing to do with machines.
#228015 by Griff
Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:49 am
Wander wrote:
Griff wrote:I personally didn't like it. I wouldn't say I hate it though. I cannot do better! I think the colours are more in tune with the art direction and promo photography from Ki, not Addicted. I don't want to go as far as say the video is a rip off, but it reminds me HEAVILY of one of the episodes on The Animatrix. Anyone who's seen it will know the one I mean (EDIT: here's a link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAixFMHy ... PL&index=5). But hey, it's sooooo reminiscent of it, maybe he's the same animator? But if that's the case, is he recycling his material?

The main similiarity I'm seeing is that both are animated battle scenes. So yeah, it is reminiscent of the Animatrix scene, but the hell? I've seen Animatrix a couple of times but I don't really see what you're saying. They way the battle scenes are directed is different, the style of animation is different and as far as I can see, the Bender video has nothing to do with machines.

Actually, your right, now that I think about it and watch The Animatrix again properly, it's just conceptually a big similarity. HOWEVER they both have an out-of-worldly / techno female character amidst the battle with has long flowing hair... Perhaps I should have said it borrows themes from that particular episode of The Animatrix.
#228032 by mushroom
Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:28 pm
Is good but i liked coast more, are those two videos connected somehow? not just talking Konrad directed both (dah) but asking if is there any concept connection, as Konrad seems to be a nerd-animation-genious maybe there's a conecept behind the videos but i can't get it
#228053 by Octillus
Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:29 pm
Can everyone just agree that it's awesome that Konrad can make videos seem like they have higher budgets than they do?

I mean Coast seems like it's about right for the probable budget, but Almost Again and Bend it like Bender seem like they have as much of a budget as a stadium headliner for their videos.