Hey! You're awake!
#227802 by Van Pole
Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:58 pm
Yeah, I know there is no bare asses and no juicy tits, but that would really destroy the awesomeness of the song.
#227803 by gitrplaya4u
Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:58 pm
I didn't expect the video to immediately fit the music, so I got what I expected and it's great.

That being said, Konrad has an incredible and unique style. I like the whole Japanese theme, too.
#227810 by Wander
Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:20 pm
Am I the only one who thought that even with the contrast of the substance, the video fitted very well to the music?
#227812 by Van Pole
Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:37 pm
The contrast was done in a proper way. The video wasn't too brutal and the music added dynamic atmosphere to the whole impresssion.

After watching it third time, I'm in love with the chorus part.

Japanese style kicks ass.
#227822 by Carpathian Psychonaut
Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:31 pm
Love it! To be honest, it felt like it fitted perfectly - although the song sounds quite 'up' it's always felt like there's an undercurrent to the lyrics and this just seems like it leads off that side of things. I love anime & manga anyway so it stood a good chance of finding a home with me.

HD version please & thank you !?
#227823 by Nosifer
Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:30 pm
Bend it like Bender is my least favorite song on the album, but that video was fucking awesome.
#227824 by TallNerdGuy
Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:32 pm
Even though the imagery in the video came out of left field, I enjoyed the video. I think it did a good job of capturing the male/female duality...since the soldier and gunfire scenes were shown predominantly during the male vocals and the deity lady appeared mostly during Anneke's vocals. It may not have had much of a story, but the part where the soldier takes off his gear has me wondering if the man's face was modeled after Dev. Just a random questionable observation.

The ending where the child appears in the sphere reminded me a lot of the video game Rez. Thats awesome in its own right!
#227827 by twoheadedboy
Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:50 pm
To be honest, I didn't enjoy it. Maybe it's that I have no interest in watching violence, or that I don't particularly love the song. It would have been really nice to have some sort of interesting narrative to accompany such an upbeat tune, but the juxtaposition of the tune with the abstract battlefield imagery didn't do anything for me.

Edit - I should probably say that I love Konrad's work on Coast and Almost Again. Those two videos speak very deeply to me.
Last edited by twoheadedboy on Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
#227836 by Fadefury
Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:36 pm
twoheadedboy wrote:To be honest, I didn't enjoy it. Maybe it's that I have no interest in watching violence, or that I don't particularly love the song. It would have been really nice to have some sort of interesting narrative to accompany such an upbeat tune, but the juxtaposition of the tune with the abstract battlefield imagery didn't do anything for me.

I'd agree with you in parts. Didn't really see what was so amazing about the video. Don't really care for the song. NO IDEA why that song would get a video over Addicted! or Universe in a Ball!. I'm sorry to totally ruin all the fun for the vid and song but it's just my honest opinion :(
#227858 by The Dev
Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:03 am
I've been so busy with the band that (like always) I left it all up to Konrad, and that was his interpretation. When I first saw it, I was very bothered, but thats part of it's charm I think...

Artists follow the muse, Konrad is no different. He is a very passionate director, and I applaud his interpretation.

I think it's perfect. It took a while, but wow, what an animator...holy crap! His stories are very poingiant. I can't thank him enough for his help.
#227861 by chiller
Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:20 am
Is there some story about the music at the end of the video?

I liked the video. When I first heard the song I thought of the military with the "little toy" lyric. Seems like Konrad may of had the same idea too.