Hey! You're awake!
#228181 by gozu
Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:55 am
The Dev wrote:There's going to be lots of folks dissapointed that a favorite song isn't in this first set.

When you think of it: 15 years of music over 15 albums for a half hour set. The reality is a I have to choose 5 songs.

We've learned a LOT of songs, but I need to give a technical overview of what I do and still focus on the recent releases.

I promise when we do come back headlining, we'll do 2 hours or more and try and hit all corners.

This first tour is make or break time for me though, and I'm not taking that lightly...it's going to be a hell of a 30 minutes folks!

but what about us folks going to Bloodstock! MOOHOO HAHAHAHAHAAA!!!
#228183 by ffian1
Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:58 am
No disrespect to the Dev or anything, but I really wasn't keen on the original - but I can completely get off on this man. More people should do these sorta covers of Dev's tracks, like that awesome cover of Love that was kicking around a while ago.

Reminds me alot of a band I used to really be into called 54 Seconds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LXJ1m2e-_4

Wrap your ears around that, I think you'd probably like it.
#228212 by wyldweasil
Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:15 pm
I understand where Dev is coming from on this, and I respect it, I'm just psyched I get to see him again. While it would be nice to hear certain songs, I have a nice night planned with my friends at the show
#228256 by Strato
Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:04 pm
Amazing version, I love it!

And I'm pumped about Dev's 30 minutes. It's not the size that counts baby!
#228271 by Helge-Uwe
Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:35 am
great work done on a great song... I tip my hat.
#228276 by Tree
Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:16 am
Good work Dude!!

And I agree with 30 minutes only feeling like 5... going to be the shortest feeling set EVER!!
#228282 by Fjar
Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:01 am
This version takes everything I love about Ih-Ah and magnifies it 10x. Very nice job. :D
#228285 by sylkicks
Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:29 am
wow.... thats gorgeous man. very, very well done. I personally love the original ih-ah, its one of the most beautiful songs i've ever heard, and this is a really cool sort of minimalist accompaniment to it. very nice.
#228290 by catharsis
Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:44 am
The Dev wrote:There's going to be lots of folks dissapointed that a favorite song isn't in this first set.

When you think of it: 15 years of music over 15 albums for a half hour set. The reality is a I have to choose 5 songs.

We've learned a LOT of songs, but I need to give a technical overview of what I do and still focus on the recent releases.

I promise when we do come back headlining, we'll do 2 hours or more and try and hit all corners.

This first tour is make or break time for me though, and I'm not taking that lightly...it's going to be a hell of a 30 minutes folks!

obviously i'm a little disappointed that its' only 30 minutes but i totally understand. itll still be worth seeing and i can't wait for the jan 30th show in NYC... hopefully in the near future youll come back for a headliner...

and re: the cover - i think my favorite would be somewhere inbetween this and the original. good job and nice take on it!
#228308 by Estbarul
Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:38 pm
Like the chorus part...very relaxing, well donde my friend.
#228608 by Aniland
Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:42 pm

That's really the precise reason that I've decided to not come to the show with BTBAM. I would see no point in going for 30 minutes of DT really.

I would love it if you came back to the Tampa/St. Pete Florida area though for your headlining tour. Seeing you live would make me complete.