Hey! You're awake!
#228086 by twoheadedboy
Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:58 pm
I've had a slow, mellow version of Ih-Ah! bouncing around in my head, so I thought I'd try my hand at recording it. This was just a really quick demo recorded in my home studio, so it is by no means perfect:

[youtube]VNKkdVuvSHA[/youtube]

Edit - The mp3 for this song is available for free download at www.purevolume.com/homily
Last edited by twoheadedboy on Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
#228111 by FUBAR
Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:11 am
Beautiful cover, love the simplicity.
#228114 by Biert
Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:22 am
I love it, love it, love it :) Thanks for sharing mate.

If more people do things like this, maybe Addicted will be worth something after all :P
#228133 by Wander
Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:29 am
This version works really quite well. You should keep working on it!
#228156 by gozu
Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:31 am
thats really great, got an awesome A Silver Mount Zion vibe to it
#228163 by twoheadedboy
Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:07 am
Thanks all, and thanks especially to Devin. This song means so much to me, and it was a pleasure to be able to put my own spin on it. If you could somehow work it into the setlist for the Toronto show, I would really appreciate it.

I've posted the mp3 for free download at www.purevolume.com/homily
#228164 by FUBAR
Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:15 am
twoheadedboy wrote:Thanks all, and thanks especially to Devin. This song means so much to me, and it was a pleasure to be able to put my own spin on it. If you could somehow work it into the setlist for the Toronto show, I would really appreciate it.

I've posted the mp3 for free download at http://www.purevolume.com/homily

Just downloading it now, cheers
#228173 by The Dev
Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:25 am
There's going to be lots of folks dissapointed that a favorite song isn't in this first set.

When you think of it: 15 years of music over 15 albums for a half hour set. The reality is a I have to choose 5 songs.

We've learned a LOT of songs, but I need to give a technical overview of what I do and still focus on the recent releases.

I promise when we do come back headlining, we'll do 2 hours or more and try and hit all corners.

This first tour is make or break time for me though, and I'm not taking that lightly...it's going to be a hell of a 30 minutes folks!
#228176 by swervedriver
Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:40 am
Cool. I prefer these kind of cover versions (with their own identity) over someone simply replaying the same song. Nice work. :)
#228177 by twoheadedboy
Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:41 am
The Dev wrote:There's going to be lots of folks dissapointed that a favorite song isn't in this first set.

When you think of it: 15 years of music over 15 albums for a half hour set. The reality is a I have to choose 5 songs.

We've learned a LOT of songs, but I need to give a technical overview of what I do and still focus on the recent releases.

I promise when we do come back headlining, we'll do 2 hours or more and try and hit all corners.

This first tour is make or break time for me though, and I'm not taking that lightly...it's going to be a hell of a 30 minutes folks!

Understood, completely. I've been in a similar situation with a much smaller catalog to choose from. Best of luck with the rehearsals!