Hey! You're awake!
#229112 by Lolliklauer
Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:50 am
Hi!

Is it possible for someone to figure out what the bonus track for the Japan-edition of Addicted will be (or is it released already)?

I can´t read this: http://www.amazon.co.jp/アディクテッド-デヴィン・タウンゼンド・プロジェクト/dp/B002TODDBS

Thanks!
#229118 by Biert
Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:43 am
#229124 by Lolliklauer
Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:29 am
Thanks Biert!

The translation of the other tracks is quite funny, i think:

1. Adikuteddo!
2. Yunivasu in-a-ball!
3. Vendors Bend It Like!
4. Crashes Super
5. Haipadoraivu!
6. Risoruvu!
7. Ih-ah!
8. The Way Home!
9. Bird Nan!
10. Awake!
11. (Information will) be incorporated additional bonus tracks

:-)
#229240 by ferocitas
Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:30 pm
Lolliklauer wrote:アディクテッド-デヴィン・タウンゼンド・プロジェクト/dp/B002TODDBS

This is Katakana syllabry. Used for all foreign names and words.

Adikuteddo. Devin Taunzendo Purojekuto = Addicted. Devin Townsend Project
#229321 by ferocitas
Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:03 pm
Wander wrote:^I'm wondering... Does their often funny way of pronouncing English words originate from that?

Indeed it does. Foreign words are Katakanized to sound phonetically "correct". And for the fact Japanese don't have "L" and "V" sounds in their speech per se. Instead R and L, V and B get mixed so for example Devin easily becomes Debin. Also, all words (and syllables!) must end in either a vowel or an "N" sound.
#229359 by Wander
Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:07 pm
ferocitas wrote:
Wander wrote:^I'm wondering... Does their often funny way of pronouncing English words originate from that?

Indeed it does. Foreign words are Katakanized to sound phonetically "correct". And for the fact Japanese don't have "L" and "V" sounds in their speech per se. Instead R and L, V and B get mixed so for example Devin easily becomes Debin. Also, all words (and syllables!) must end in either a vowel or an "N" sound.

Thanks.. Good to know a reason for them adding vowels at the end of everything.
#230089 by Eyesore
Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:52 pm
ferocitas wrote:

No Z sound, either. Pizza, for instance, is pronounced "peecha."
#230108 by emreis
Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:54 am
Eyesore wrote:
ferocitas wrote:

No Z sound, either. Pizza, for instance, is pronounced "peecha."

Sorry, but they have Z sound in Japanese. ザ ジ ズ ゼ ゾ is pronounced ZA JI ZU ZE ZO, although it differs a bit from the Z sound in english. 8)
#230546 by 2fat2furious
Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:33 am
ferocitas wrote:

Just to let you know, they do have a vi now, they added it some time in the last 10 years I believe, its just many prefer not to use it because its new and they don't remember it. Well thats what my japanese teacher said anyway, he also said something about the da vinci code having something to do with it...
#231597 by nihonnofandesu
Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:18 pm
Lolliklauer wrote:Is it possible for someone to figure out what the bonus track for the Japan-edition of Addicted will be (or is it released already)?

This time, it appears the Japanese version has no bonus track. Well Amazon.co.jp has to correct the information.
#231604 by djskrimp
Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:22 pm
I've gone twice, now, to find the Japanese version of "Addicted". They have a place card for "Devin Townsend Project", but no CD. I'll keep trying. If/when I get it, I'll let you all know.