Hey! You're awake!
#235852 by Dewy
Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:42 am
Definitely my favorite song off Addicted.

I've had this theory about this song...to me it almost seems like an evolution of Synchronicity Freaks, the clean parts in the beginning, the melody, it all kind of seems like a more upbeat, faster, more Addicted-styled Synchronicity Freaks...am I insane?
#236011 by TallNerdGuy
Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:35 pm
Dewy wrote:Definitely my favorite song off Addicted.

I've had this theory about this song...to me it almost seems like an evolution of Synchronicity Freaks, the clean parts in the beginning, the melody, it all kind of seems like a more upbeat, faster, more Addicted-styled Synchronicity Freaks...am I insane?

You are not insane...either that, or the two of us are. The more I listened to The Way Home, I felt like I heard more similarities (such as the ones you listed) between it and Synchronicity Freaks.
#236673 by solid0015
Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:25 am
Originally going into the album, I was stoked as hell over Universe In A Ball, the previews of it sounded so intense. When I got my hands on the actual album, it was my favorite. Then six songs later, The Way Home played =) I was blown away at how powerful the song was, love it to death. Life off Ocean Machine has always been my favorite, but it's tied now with The Way Home :D
#236880 by Dewy
Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:36 am
TallNerdGuy wrote:
Dewy wrote:Definitely my favorite song off Addicted.

You are not insane...either that, or the two of us are. The more I listened to The Way Home, I felt like I heard more similarities (such as the ones you listed) between it and Synchronicity Freaks.

Also "I won't be knocked down" and "I won't be diluted"...very similar.
#237385 by Aniland
Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:38 pm
I like it more every time I hear it, even though it isn't my favorite (or even close to being my favorite) from the album.

Best part: "I WON'T BE KNOCKED DOWN!"
#243536 by ShadowBook
Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:46 pm
I'm a big fan of the drums in the song. The bass drumming is simple but has such a cool groove to it.
#245968 by Bloody_Rust
Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:03 pm
solid0015 wrote:Originally going into the album, I was stoked as hell over Universe In A Ball, the previews of it sounded so intense. When I got my hands on the actual album, it was my favorite. Then six songs later, The Way Home played =) I was blown away at how powerful the song was, love it to death. Life off Ocean Machine has always been my favorite, but it's tied now with The Way Home :D

I couldn't agree with you more. "Life" is one of my favourite songs ever and I never thought I'd hear another song that matched up to it in such a sense. Usually, I prefer longer songs but in my opinion, "The Way Home" is such an amazing song that I'll just listen to it three times over to make up for it not being so long ;)

As other people have said, this song really demonstrates how good Devins' vocals are. It was only recently that I'd realised how good this song actually was. I'd only listened to Addicted all the way through once while in the car with a friend, but I'm still surprised I didn't pick up on this one sooner. With this song (and some of the other songs on the album) I really feel like this is creeping up to a very close second place Dev album (for me, at least) behind Ocean Machine :D
#248666 by Odysseas
Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:41 am
'Just tell me how much you love this song! "HELL YEAH I LOVE THIS SONG!!!
'Even your girlfriend loves this song! 'HELL YEAH SHE LOVES THIS SONG!!!
'Fuck this! I love this song! 'HELL YEAH YOU LOVE THIS SONG!!!
'Just tell me how much you love this song! 'HELL YEAH I LOVE THIS SONG!!!

'HELL YEAH WE LOVE THIS SONG!!!
'HELL YEAH WE LOVE THIS SONG!!!