Hey! You're awake!
#233214 by arkturus
Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:26 pm
I haven't read many of the posts here so I can't say how much discussion there has been about The Way Home, but damn it's easily my favorite track. It's short, emotional, and intense. It really showcases Devy's amazing vocals as well.

Thoughts?
#233215 by Octillus
Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:31 pm
arkturus wrote:I haven't read many of the posts here so I can't say how much discussion there has been about The Way Home, but damn it's easily my favorite track. It's short, emotional, and intense. It really showcases Devy's amazing vocals as well.

Thoughts?

I certainly bounce between this and Awake as my favorite tracks of the album as well as the last 2 years.
#233225 by TallNerdGuy
Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:55 pm
Definitely my favorite track from Addicted. It starts off with that timid-sounding clean guitar only to build its confidence and unleash those crushing choruses. It kinda gives me that pseudo-superhero feeling of "knowing what one must do."
#233239 by mrbean667
Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:35 pm
It's a great song, but waaay too short. I like my songs long.
#233300 by BenRaah
Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:31 pm
I really like it. It reminds me of Almost Again in parts, particularly the "Soooo..." at the start of the chorus.
#233328 by Fretburn
Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:28 pm
This was my most anticipated piece from the teaser. Didn't know what it expect. I didn't expect the perfect build it or the great melody solo. Great stuff. But that incredible final chorus is otherworldly. It really is a stunning song with the most epic of finishers.
#233586 by daneulephus
Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:31 am
Hard to say. Supercrush made me cry from the nostalgia, but Dev couldn't have picked a better throwback to Ocean Machine than The Way Home. So, I digress...they are all great songs, and they all elicit a different emotional response.
#233606 by shredi knight
Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:46 am
Great, great song. I love how it builds up as it goes and it, along with "Awake", has Dev's best vocals on the CD (IMHO of course). My only compliant is that it's criminal how short it is.
#233616 by procainftw
Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:03 pm
I was so happy when I heard The Way Home for the first time. It reminded me of why I began listening to The Dev with Ocean Machine. His vocal range is simply amazing, but I would have loved the song to be longer.
#233998 by catharsis
Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:47 am
BenRaah wrote:I really like it. It reminds me of Almost Again in parts, particularly the "Soooo..." at the start of the chorus.

me too, just the whole way it builds throughout. i think the last 3 songs are the strongest part of the whole album.
#234515 by mxtrav
Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:18 pm
The Way Home! is one of the most intense songs I have ever heard. It blows me away every time I listen to it. Definitely the best on the album and ranks up towards one of my all time favorite songs.
#235389 by Fadefury
Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:28 am
Roddy wrote:Love it, great song. Wouldn't say it was one of my absolute favourites on the album, but a wicked song no doubt.

This more or less sums up my thoughts on it. It's a great song and certainly better than say Numbered!, Bend it like Bender!, and Hyperdrive!.
#235847 by Atari
Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:14 am
It's a fantastic track. I love bellowing along to it. So up lifting and well, big really. Then again a lot of Addicted is like that. Among the biggest of the big songs then ;P