Hey! You're awake!
#243648 by roxy
Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:01 pm
Does anyone else think this is a romantic song? What do you think the song is aboot?
#243697 by Chimairacle
Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:32 am
I don't know if I would call it romantic in the sense of singing it to a loved one as a sweet gesture or whatever as opposed to for a special person. Personally it's not imperative that I understand 100% of a song's meaning, I like to sort of get the gist and sort of sit in it for awhile and reflect, and just enjoy the music for what it is i guess. I suppose I sort of think it's always got to be simple enough that everyone who hears it can get it. But sometimes artists don't want you to understand 100% of it anyway, to add a deep sort of personal aspect to it. But then again, I'm not sure that's the case here and I'm usually terrible at deciphering things like this so uh, I guess in short read the first line of what I said and neglect the rest :wink: Fantastic song though, definitely one of my top favourites from the album.
#243729 by CutManMetal
Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:02 pm
I think of it as one, personally. I mean, it even says "I'm so in love with you"... Now, what it's a love song to could vary. Could be a person,
could be music, etc.
#243752 by Chimairacle
Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:15 am
CutManMetal wrote:I think of it as one, personally. I mean, it even says "I'm so in love with you"... Now, what it's a love song to could vary. Could be a person,
could be music, etc.

...I never thought of it like that.
#243932 by mrbean667
Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:40 pm
I think it's waaaay too mainstream for Devy.
Whenever I hear a song with the typical 4 chord progression, :chain:

But it's a good song for what it's aiming to be.
#243952 by Chimairacle
Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:53 am
ppinkham wrote:Here's a little known fact: The song is actually about Smashing Pumpkins guitarist, James Iha.

:mrgreen:

Lawl. I love how it's a special on his solo career, yet they had to pop in Corgan somewhere, just to give it context.

James Iha? Who?
...he was in that band with Billy Corgan? OH, THAT GUY!
#255315 by gurp13
Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:40 pm
I love this song. So simple. I have a gripe, though. In the song he sings... Ah ih, ah ih. Not ih ah.

I asked Devin himself about this and he said he thought it was the other way around. Listen and tell me what you think.
#255364 by GuyOne
Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:53 pm
Dude, the Sugar Ray guy totally looks like a vampire. Twilight foreshadowing?!!?!!! :(
#255429 by Tonya Elf
Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:38 pm
GuyOne wrote:Dude, the Sugar Ray guy totally looks like a vampire. Twilight foreshadowing?!!?!!! :(

LOL! You're right!
#262971 by Bookwyrm83
Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:06 am
It's funny, this is the song from the album that I treated more as an interlude when I first heard it, but the more I listen to it, the more I truly love it, and not just, "the more I think it's as great as every other song off the album". Maybe it's because I can relate to its romantic qualities. I'd place it as my 3rd favorite, behind the title track and Supercrush.
#263151 by Ultimetalhead
Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:59 pm
gurp13 wrote:I love this song. So simple. I have a gripe, though. In the song he sings... Ah ih, ah ih. Not ih ah.

I asked Devin himself about this and he said he thought it was the other way around. Listen and tell me what you think.

I know this is a 2 month old gripe, but I always saw it as "Ih-Ah" because the pre-chorus progression's first chord starts on the "Ih". The "Ah" before it is more like a lead-in note than a lyric. He probably could have replaced it with an "oh" and this conversation wouldn't even be happening. :P
#263154 by gurp13
Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:26 pm
Ultimetalhead wrote:
gurp13 wrote:I love this song. So simple. I have a gripe, though. In the song he sings... Ah ih, ah ih. Not ih ah.

I know this is a 2 month old gripe, but I always saw it as "Ih-Ah" because the pre-chorus progression's first chord starts on the "Ih". The "Ah" before it is more like a lead-in note than a lyric. He probably could have replaced it with an "oh" and this conversation wouldn't even be happening. :P

He could have, but he didn't. :) but that's a good explanation, though. Every time I listen to it, it sounds like ah-ih. I appreciate someone finally coming up with a reasonable rationalization.
#263632 by OnslaughtSix
Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:09 pm
Part of me thinks it's about his kid.

I have a friend who thinks it's a pisstake, though.