Hey! You're awake!
#244760 by XnaySaturo
Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:06 pm
Hey guys!

I'm really into audio production, and I haven't been doing it for a long time, so I'm always looking to get better. I'm no match for the amazing Mr. Townsend, but I think this might be my best work yet. I recorded this cover and mixed it about two weeks ago. I usually do these with a friend of mine who does vocals (she can sing in Anneke's range), but we're both pretty busy these days so we haven't had a chance to record her. Here's the instrumental version, and who knows, I might post it with vocals eventually. If anyone wants a shot at it, be my guest! I'll even mix it with your vocals. It's tuned to Db like the Addicted version.

Tell me what you think!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1648192/HyperdriveCover4.mp3
#244920 by Chimairacle
Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:36 pm
This is great! Pretty impressive for someone who hasn't been doing it that long. I gotta say I was hanging out for vocals though. I'd be so tempted to play around with different vocal styles to give it a new edge. I'd give it a go if i could sing, but I'm totally tone deaf. :lol:

Good job!
#244929 by Helge-Uwe
Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:48 am
excellent job, but I never noticed that the melody-structure of Hyperdrive appears to be regulated that much by the vocals.
#251818 by ffian1
Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:12 am
That's pretty cool dude.

I'm working on a full acoustic version of it myself for Recording Studies at uni - live oboes, flutes, vocals, guitars, bass, drums, glockenspiels and a rainmaker!

I'll be sure to post it up at some point

Edit: Oh, and cello!
#273071 by Xithyl
Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:21 pm
nice work man, it sounds good. out of curiosity what software do you use? I do some home recording myself and have thought about covering hyperdrive a few times, I might have a go at it this weekend if I've got time.
#281265 by XnaySaturo
Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:18 pm
Well I promised a version with vocals so here it is! =)

I actually recorded this last summer, but only thought of posting it here now. Xithyl, I used Sonar for the first version but switched to Reaper in the past year. It has a free trial and does everything more expensive software can do, and some better imo, for just 60$ for a full license. This isn't really my best mix anymore, but I still like it a lot, and it's the best one with my friend's vocals.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1648192/HyperdriveCover8.mp3

::Edit:: Btw, ffian1, your version of it is AMAZING! =D